While nurses perform a variety of essential tasks when it comes to providing healthcare for patients, they are continually becoming more and more important in many hospitals and doctors’ offices, especially in settings where the doctor-to-patient ratio is high and, therefore, nurses are relied upon to administer a substantial amount of care and treatments.
In many instances, these nurses follow procedure and ultimately provide high-quality services to their patients. Unfortunately, however, there are times when nurses make mistakes, and these mistakes end up hurting patients instead of helping them get better. When such nursing errors occur, it’s important for injured patients to know that:
- They may have a malpractice claim against the negligent nurse or the facility that employs the nurse.
- They may be able to obtain compensation for their injuries and mental anguish by pursing a malpractice lawsuit.
- The trusted Mount Vernon malpractice attorneys at Hassakis & Hassakis are here to advocate their rights and help them obtain the compensation to which they are entitled.
Common Examples of Nursing Errors
Some of the more common examples of nursing errors that can injure patients include (but are not limited to):
- Administering the wrong type of medication (or the wrong amount of medication) to patients
- Failing to check up on patients on a regular basis
- Failing to recognizing obvious signs that a patient’s health is in danger
- Failing to notify physicians (or others) when patients’ health is obviously in danger
- Leaving medical equipment or instruments in patients during surgeries
- Burning or otherwise injuring patients by improperly using medical equipment during care or treatment.
For more information regarding nursing errors and malpractice claims, check out our forthcoming second part of this blog.
Mount Vernon Malpractice Lawyers
At the law firm of Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C., our experienced Mount Vernon malpractice lawyers have been providing client-centered representation to our Southern Illinois clients since 1950. Our trusted attorneys focus on our clients’ needs, we are passionate about our clients, and we do everything we can to help them get the maximum possible compensation for their losses and injuries so they can focus on recovery and moving on with their life.
We take pride in tailoring our legal representation to specifically meet our clients’ needs and in expertly guiding them through each stage of the complex the legal process. While our attorneys are aggressive and effective litigators both inside and outside of the courtroom, we are also counselors that can provide our clients with helpful legal advice regarding their best options.
If you have been injured as a result of a nurse or any medical professional making mistakes during your treatments or care, or if you have lost a loved one due to any type of medical mistake, contact us by calling (888) 896-9381 or by emailing us using the form at the upper right-hand side of the page. We can provide you with a free, thorough assessment of your case, along with professional advice regarding the best manner in which to move forward.