Keeping in theme with our recent focus on driving safety for the wintertime, here and in an upcoming second part of this blog, we will detail how you can put together a comprehensive winter driving safety kit for all of your family’s vehicles. By keeping these kits in each one of your family’s cars, you can ensure that you (and other drivers in your family) have access to the resources you (or they) may need if your vehicle breaks down, becomes stuck and/or you (or they) need to wait for help during the winter months.
Tools for Potential Car Problems
First and foremost, it will be important to have a few essential tools in your winter safety kit. These tools will be extremely useful when it comes to:
- Getting your vehicle out of snow
- Removing ice from your vehicle
- Getting your vehicle running again if it’s broken down (and the problems are catastrophic)
- Warning other drivers that your vehicle is broken down.
Specifically, some of the tools that will be essential to keep in your winter safety kit include the following:
- Ice and snow removal tools, such as ice scrapers, snow brushes, de-icer fluids and a bag of sand or kitty litter (which can provide some traction if your car is stuck in the snow)
- Tools to get your car running, such as jumper cables, a screwdriver, a hammer, duct tape, etc.
- Items to warn other drivers that your vehicle is broken down, such as flares, reflectors and mini cones (All of these can be especially important when you are stuck on the side of the road at night in areas that lack overhead lighting).
Look for the second part of this blog for more details regarding the items that are essential to keep in winter safety kits for your cars.
Mount Vernon Car Accident Lawyers
At the law firm of Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C., our experienced Mount Vernon car accident and personal injury lawyers have been providing client-centered representation to our Southern Illinois clients since 1950. Our trusted attorneys focus on our clients’ needs, we are passionate about our clients, and we do everything we can to help them get the maximum possible compensation for their losses and injuries so they can focus on recovery and moving on with their life.
We take pride in tailoring our legal representation to specifically meet our clients’ needs and in expertly guiding them through each stage of the complex the legal process. While our attorneys are aggressive and effective litigators both inside and outside of the courtroom, we are also counselors that can provide our clients with helpful legal advice regarding their best options.
If you have been injured in a car accident, or if you have lost a loved one in any type of traffic accident, contact us by calling (888) 896-9381 or by emailing us using the form at the upper right-hand side of the page. We can provide you with a free, thorough assessment of your case, along with professional advice regarding the best manner in which to move forward.