End our blog series, below, a few more interesting and important facts about hit-and-runs will be revealed.
After Hit-and-Runs: More Steps to Take…
5 – File an accident claim with the insurance company.
If the driver who caused the hit-and-run is eventually caught and located, a victim of the accident may end up having two options for financial recovery:
- Filing an accident claim with the other motorist’s insurance company, as long as, of course, the other motorist has auto insurance coverage.
With this option, dealing with the insurance company may present some additional challenges for accident victims. For instance, while others’ insurers may try to put some blame for the collision on victims’ (to try to devalue their claims), these companies may also try to use other tactics in an effort to find “grounds” to deny victims’ claims entirely.
- Suing the other drivers in civil court. It’s important to point out that, even the possibility of a lawsuit, can end up compelling other motorists (and their insurers) to make more reasonable settlement offers to resolve these claims out of court (and, in doing so, limit the costs of these cases).
6 – Contact us.
Of all of the things you can do after hit-and-runs, the single most helpful thing you can do to protect your claims to compensation is to contact and retain our Mount Vernon car accident lawyers as soon as possible. With our attorneys on your side, you can be assured that you will have:
- Aggressive legal advocacy
- Experienced help pursuing compensation
- The best representation to help you bring your claim to a successful resolution.
What do you think about these tips for what to do after hit-and-runs? Have you been in a hit-and-run? We want to know your thoughts and opinions, so please share them with us on our social media page.
Mount Vernon Car Accident Lawyers at the Law Firm of Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C.
Were you hit by a motorist who fled the scene? Or have you been hurt in any type of traffic accident? If so, the experienced and trusted Mount Vernon car accident lawyers at the Law Firm of Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. are ready to stand up for your rights.
Since 1950, we have been providing the highest quality legal services and representation to our clients. Our trusted attorneys focus on our clients’ needs, we are passionate about our clients, and we do everything we can to help them get the maximum possible compensation for their losses and injuries so they can focus on recovery and moving on with their life.
If you are ready to learn more about your best legal options and how we can help you, contact us by calling (888) 896-9381 or by emailing us using the form at the upper right-hand side of the page. We can provide you with a free, thorough assessment of your case, along with professional advice regarding the best manner in which to move forward.