Dog Bite Lawyer Granite City, IL
Dog Bite Lawyer Granite City, IL. Granite City pet owners don’t always confine and leash their animals as they are required. Dogs can be incredible companions for any family, but when they are neglected or not trained properly they can also be dangerous to neighbors, deliverymen/postmen, and even family members. When a dog bites someone, it can be because the person was antagonizing the animal, was in an area the dog thinks it protects, or because the animal has been poorly trained.
Dog’s have sharp teeth that leave terrible scars or injuries. Any injuries you have should be taken care of by a doctor. Just because someone says it’s a “dog bite” doesn’t mean you don’t need medical care. You’ve been attacked, and you do have rights that you can use. If you’re hurt, suffering, and now have expensive medical bills to cover, or you’ve had to take leave to get the medical care you deserve for your injuries, you do have rights, and a dog bite lawyer in Granite City can help you with your claim.
Legal Help for a Dog Bite – Dog Bite Lawyer in Granite City
Hassakis Law is a local Granite City personal injury law firm that takes on dog bite claims. Our team has seen how devastating a dog attack injury can be. We will take your claim seriously, and we will fight for the recovery and legal compensation you deserve. A dog bite is not a joke, and isn’t something you should just brush off. You have rights. If you aren’t sure how to start your dog bite claim, how much you can recover for your injuries, and how the dog owner will be liable, speak with our Dog Bite Lawyers in Granite City as soon as possible. We’re ready to help you recover physically and financially and make sure that you get everything you are owed. Click HERE to call or contact our Lawyers.
Dog Bite Claims – How can a Lawyer help?
When a dog attack happens, sometimes the owner of the animal won’t want to admit fault because then they will also have to pay for the medical bills and the damages their pet caused. They’ll say you were responsible for the dog’s actions, or that their pet shouldn’t be punished for a one time attack. That is a ridiculous claim. They are responsible. Here are several types of recoveries that our Dog Bite Lawyers in Granite City secure for our clients:
- Medical Damages – Dog’s have powerful jaws and sharp teeth. Their teeth are designed to cause maximum damage. A dog bite is almost assured to leave scars or other deformaties. You weren’t made to shrug off a dog bite, you will most likely have to see a doctor, and doctors don’t work for free. We can make sure that the person responsible for your injuries pays.
- Wages Lost – Injuries, even if they aren’t life-threatening, can cause you to lose work. You can’t afford to miss work. Your family is now suffering because of your loss of work. We can make sure that you get paid for your lost wages.
- Rehabilitation Costs – You may need physical therapy for your injury, or other types of classes to fully heal. All types of rehabilitation cost money. The dog owner can be held liable for these costs.
- Punitive Damages – If the dog had a history of biting, with no recourse taken to curb its actions, punitive damages can be sought.
- Legal Costs – Any legal costs that you’ve sustained because of the claim can be recovered from the defendant and their insurance, if applicable.
While these are the most common recoveries we get for our dog bite clients, this isn’t the complete comprehensive list. Your claim may require more legal costs, or it may be relatively simple and fast. Our Dog Bite Attorneys in Granite City won’t stop fighting for your rights until you get everything you need and deserve.
Dog Bite Lawyer Granite City – Lawyer near me Granite City
Dogs bite when they aren’t being taken care of, or when they are negliected. This can be used against the pet owner, especially if they were warned beforehand to properly confine and care for their animal.
Hassakis Law is prepared to fight for you. Dog bites are serious attacks and should be treated as such. Our Personal Injury Law Firm in Granite City takes on dog bite claims and we fight for the rights and recoveries of our clients. If you have questions about how the legal proceedings work, what you can expect to recover, or what will happen to the animal during the claim, speak with our lawyers by calling 1-800-553-3125, or by clicking HERE and filling out the contact form.