Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Dix
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Dix. Motorcycles allow a feeling of freedom that other vehicles cant match. Unfortunately, motorcycles don’t provide many of the safety features of car or trucks, and their accidents often result in catastrophic injuries or fatalities. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2015 alone, 136 motorcycle riders died after an ensuing accident in Illinois. The total number of traffic fatalities for Illinois in 2015 was 998. That number includes cars, trucks, scooters, off-road vehicles, and others. If you or someone you love has been injured in a motorcycle accident, it is important to seek qualified and experienced legal help.
Hassakis Law is the premier traffic accident law firm in Southern Illinois, and we take great pride in providing Dix residents with qualified legal guidance. We know the damages that can result from a motorcycle accident can be because we’ve fought for the rights and recoveries of Dix residents before, and are prepared to use Illinois Traffic Laws to fight on you and your family’s behalf to ensure that those who are responsible for your motorcycle accident are held to account. When you’re ready to begin your motorcycle accident claim, call our motorcycle accident attorneys.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics – Dix Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycles are tight, fast-moving vehicles. They don’t offer many of the protections that cars and trucks have because driving a motorcycle is more about freedom, and having a certain lifestyle. Without these protective implements that cars and trucks have, motorcycle accidents are far more likely to result in serious injuries or fatalities. When a motorcycle or scooter accident occurs, the injuries sustained by the rider are far more likely to be serious and devastating than those sustained by drivers of other vehicles due to:
- The light weight of motorcycles and scooters, as compared to other passenger vehicles or even commercial trucks on the road.
- A lack of serious and life-saving protective elements.
- The lack of safety equipment that can come into action in the event of a scooter or motorcycle accident (Such equipment, for example, includes seat belts and air bags, both of which are standard in passenger vehicles but not part of motorcycle or scooter equipment.)
- Lack of Helmets. 71% of Motorcycle Accident Fatalities in the State of Illinois happened because of a lack of a helmet.
If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle crash, its important to seek qualified legal guidance immediately. Our Dix crash lawyers will aggressively pursue your motorcycle accident claim .. Do you need to speak with our traffic accident lawyers? If so, call (800)-553-3125 for a free, thorough assessment of your motorcycle accident case, or fill out our contact form.
What are the Most Common types of Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcycle accidents aren’t unique. Whether it’s drunk driving, speeding, or driving recklessly, an accident can happen for various reasons. Some of the most common Motorcycle Accident claims our attorneys pursue are:
- Construction zone accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Lane sharing and lane splitting accidents
- Left-hand turn collisions
- Intersection crashes
If you’ve been a victim of a motorcycle accident and your accident is related to one of the reasons above, or any other reason, call (800)-553-3125 for a free, thorough assessment of your motorcycle accident case, or fill out our contact form.
What are the Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
While some instances of scooter and motorcycle accidents don’t involve other drivers, in many cases, the other drivers are involved in these collisions, which can increase the likelihood that negligence or recklessness played a role in causing (or worsening) the crash. Examples of another driver’s negligence or recklessness causing scooter or motorcycle accidents include (but are not limited to):
- Driving while intoxicated with alcohol and/or drugs
- Driving while heavily fatigued
- Operating a vehicle that doesn’t meet road safety standards
- Driving while using a cell phone
- Driving without the proper safety training (which can be a particularly important concern when it comes to motorcycle accidents involve commercial truck drivers)
- Speeding, failing to use blinkers when changing lanes, running red lights or otherwise failing to comply with essential traffic laws
Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
If a motorcycle accident happens, having the right lawyers is the difference between winning a case, and having to settle for less. Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers have provided Illinois and Dix residents with legal guidance for nearly 7 decades, and will continue to do so. Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. is a Southern Illinois law firm. It was founded here, our attorneys live here, and we serve the people that live here. We also provide services to all areas of Illinois. We are also consistently referred clients by other lawyers inside and outside of Illinois, which speaks to our commitment to provide quality representation to our everyday clients. When you need legal assistance for your Motorcycle Accident, call our lawyers at (618) 244-5335, (217) 240-5661, (800) 553-3125 or contact us online for a free consultation.