Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Piatt County
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Piatt County. Motorcycles are fast, fun, and a thrill to ride. Unfortunately, motorcycles don’t provide many of the safety features of car or trucks, and their accidents often result in catastrophic injuries or fatalities. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2015 alone, 136 motorcycle riders died after an ensuing accident in Illinois. The total number of traffic fatalities for Illinois in 2015 was 998. That’s taking a tally of all vehicles, cars, trucks, motorcycles, ATV’s others. If you or someone you love has been injured in a motorcycle accident, it is important to seek qualified and experienced legal help.
Hassakis Law is the premier traffic accident law firm in Southern Illinois, and Piatt County residents have come to trust and rely upon our firm when they need legal advice and guidance. We know the damages that can result from a motorcycle accident can be because we’ve helped Piatt County residents receive the recovery and restitution they are owed, and are prepared to use Illinois Traffic Laws to fight on you and your family’s behalf to ensure that those who are responsible for your motorcycle accident are held to account. If you’re ready to have a law firm that will aggressively pursue your motorcycle accident claim, call us.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics – Piatt County Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycles are lightweight, fast-moving vehicles. They aren’t built with the protective elements of trucks or cars and that’s because they are made to allow the driver to experience the road in a different, more intimate way. Because of this motorcycle accidents are far more likely to result in serious injuries or fatalities. Here are reasons why motorcycle accidents can be so catastrophic:
- The light weight of motorcycles and scooters, as compared to other passenger vehicles or even commercial trucks on the road.
- There are less protective elements to safeguard drivers.
- The lack of safety equipment that can come into action in the event of a scooter or motorcycle accident (Such equipment, for example, includes seat belts and air bags, both of which are standard in passenger vehicles but not part of motorcycle or scooter equipment.)
- Lack of Helmets. 71% of Motorcycle Accident Fatalities in the State of Illinois happened because of a lack of a helmet.
Regardless of how or why the accident occurred, it is important that you receive immediate legal advice for your motorcycle accident. Our Piatt County crash lawyers are ready to take on your motorcycle accident claim and see to it that you get the recovery and financial compensation that you deserve. To speak with one of our traffic accident lawyers, call (800)-553-3125 for a free, thorough assessment of your motorcycle accident case, or fill out our contact form.
What are the Most Common types of Motorcycle Accidents?
The actions that cause car and truck accidents are often the same ones that cause motorcycle accidents. Speeding, drunk driving, and a failure to pay attention are some of the most usual culprits. Some of the most common Motorcycle Accident claims our attorneys pursue are:
- Construction zone accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Lane sharing and lane splitting accidents
- Left-hand turn collisions
- Intersection crashes
If you or a member of your family has been a victim of a motorcycle accident and your crash was caused by one of the reasons above or another, call (800)-553-3125 for a free, no obligation assessment of your claim, or fill out our contact form.
What are the Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
The reasons for why motorcycle accidents happen often involves other drives. Examples of another driver’s negligence or recklessness causing scooter or motorcycle accidents include (but are not limited to):
- Operating their vehicle while drunk or impaired
- Driving while fatigued, which can be as risky as drunk driving
- Operating a vehicle that doesn’t meet road safety standards
- Driving while talking on cell phones, trying to use vehicle GPS systems or succumbing to other distractions that take the focus off of the road
- Driving without the proper safety training (which can be a particularly important concern when it comes to motorcycle accidents involve commercial truck drivers)
- Speeding, failing to use blinkers when changing lanes, running red lights or otherwise failing to comply with essential traffic laws
Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
When a motorcycle accident happens, the attorneys you choose for your case can be the difference between a full medical recovery, and having to settle for less than you deserve. The Motorcycle Accident Lawyers of Hassakis & Hassakis have provided experienced and client-centered legal representation to Illinois residents for nearly 70 years. Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. is a Southern Illinois law firm. It was founded here, our attorneys live here, and we serve the people that live here. Given the ever mobile world we live in, we receive contact from potential clients that live in central or northern Illinois. We are also consistently referred clients by other lawyers inside and outside of Illinois, which speaks to our commitment to provide quality representation to our everyday clients. When you need legal assistance for your Motorcycle Accident, call our lawyers at (618) 244-5335, (217) 240-5661, (800) 553-3125 or contact us online for a free consultation.