Dog Bite Lawyer Piatt County, IL
Dog Bite Lawyer Piatt County, IL. Piatt County pet owners don’t always confine and leash their animals as they are required. Poorly trained or poorly cared for dogs can become aggressive and bite neighbors, deliverymen, and even family members. When a dog bites someone, it can be because the person was antagonizing the animal, was in an area the dog thinks it protects, or because the animal has been poorly trained.
Dog’s have sharp teeth that leave terrible scars or injuries. Regardless of what anyone tells you, you should always get medical attention for a dog bite. Don’t let someone talk you out of medical care because it’s a “dog bite”. It’s an attack on you by an untrained and poorly restrained animal, and you have rights. If you’re suffering from the injuries sustained during the bite, and you’re now having to pay for medical bills related to the attack, or you’ve had to take leave to get the medical care you deserve for your injuries, you do have rights, and a dog bite lawyer in Piatt County can help you with your claim.
Legal Help for a Dog Bite – Dog Bite Lawyer in Piatt County
Hassakis Law is a local Piatt County personal injury law firm that takes on dog bite claims. Our team has seen how devastating a dog attack injury can be. We will fight for your rights every step of the way. Don’t try to shrug off your injuries. You have rights. If you have questions regarding the legal process for a dog bite, how much you can recover for your injuries, or how the dog and the pet owner will be held legally responsible, speak with our Dog Bite Lawyers in Piatt County as soon as possible. We’re ready to help you recover physically and financially and make sure that you get everything you are owed. Click HERE to call or contact our Lawyers.
Dog Bite Claims – How can a Lawyer help?
If the pet owner won’t admit that their dog was responsible, or they are fighting you on the medical bills, it can be hard to get what you need. They will try to convince you that it’s your fault, or that you provoked the animal, or that the dog has never done that before and that they shouldn’t be punished. That is a ridiculous claim. They are responsible. Here are several types of recoveries that our Dog Bite Lawyers in Piatt County secure for our clients:
- Medical Damages – Dog’s have powerful jaws and sharp teeth. Their teeth are made for puncturing and holding prey. A dog bite is almost assured to leave scars or other deformaties. Dog bites will require medical attention, which isn’t free. We can make sure that the person responsible for your injuries pays.
- Wages Lost – Injuries, even if they aren’t life-threatening, can cause you to lose work. You can’t afford to miss work. Your family is now suffering because of your loss of work. We can make sure that you get paid for your lost wages.
- Rehabilitation Costs – Your Dog Bite Injury may require that you go through physical rehab. All types of rehabilitation cost money. These costs can be recovered in a dog bite claim.
- Punitive Damages – If the dog had bit someone, before, and the owner did nothing to change its behavior, then you can seek punitive damages.
- Legal Costs – Your legal costs can be recovered through court actions and settlements that we will secure for you.
These are the most common types of rewards we secure for our dog bite clients, this isn’t the complete comprehensive list. Every dog bite claim in Piatt County is unique, and your case may warrant a higher judgment. Our Dog Bite Attorneys in Piatt County will make sure that the dog owner pays what they owe you, and that you get the settlement you deserve.
Dog Bite Lawyer Piatt County – Lawyer near me Piatt County
Dogs bite when they haven’t been properly trained, or when they are stressed because of their living conditions. Every pet deserves a good stable home that will make them feel comfortable, and if the pet owner can’t provide that, and the animal attacks someone, the owner is liable.
We can and will fight for your rights. Dog bites are serious attacks and should be treated as such. Our Personal Injury Law Firm in Piatt County takes on dog bite claims and we fight for the rights and recoveries of our clients. If you have questions about how the legal proceedings work, what you can expect to recover, or what will happen to the animal during the claim, speak with our lawyers by calling 1-800-553-3125, or by clicking HERE and filling out the contact form.