Dog Bite Lawyer Pulaski County, IL
Dog Bite Lawyer Pulaski County, IL. Dogs should always be properly confined and controlled, but not every pet owner in Pulaski County is responsible. Even though they are man’s best friend, dogs are still animals and will attack or bite if they feel threatened or are poorly trained. When a dog bites someone, it can be because the person was antagonizing the animal, was in an area the dog thinks it protects, or because the animal has been poorly trained.
Dog bites are not a joke, they are often serious injuries that can cause deformities or lasting health issues. Regardless of what anyone tells you, you should always get medical attention for a dog bite. Don’t let someone talk you out of medical care because it’s a “dog bite”. You didn’t ask to be bit by a dog, and you didn’t ask to take on the medical bills that came from it. If you have serious injuries that resulted from the attack, and now your trying to decide how to pay off medical bills, or you’ve had to take leave to get the medical care you deserve for your injuries, you do have rights, and a dog bite lawyer in Pulaski County can help you with your claim.
Legal Help for a Dog Bite – Dog Bite Lawyer in Pulaski County
Hassakis Law is a local Pulaski County personal injury law firm that takes on dog bite claims. We’ve fought these claims before and we know how terrible a dog attack can be. We WILL defend your rights and recovery. You’re injuries are no laughing matter, you’re hurt and you need help. You have rights. If you’re confused by how the legal process works, how much you can be awarded for your dog bite claim, and how the dog owner will be liable, speak with our Dog Bite Lawyers in Pulaski County as soon as possible. We’re ready to help you recover physically and financially and make sure that you get everything you are owed. Click HERE to call or contact our Lawyers.
Dog Bite Claims – How can a Lawyer help?
When a dog attack happens, sometimes the owner of the animal won’t want to admit fault because then they will also have to pay for the medical bills and the damages their pet caused. They will try to convince you that it’s your fault, or that you provoked the animal, or that their dog has never bit anyone before and that you must have provoked it. That is a ridiculous claim. They are responsible. Here are several types of recoveries that our Dog Bite Lawyers in Pulaski County secure for our clients:
- Medical Damages – Dogs have some of the strongest jaws in the animal kingdom. Their teeth are made for puncturing and holding prey. A dog bite can leave scars, tears in the skin, or other types of deformities. Dog bites will require medical attention, which isn’t free. We can help you get the full cost of these medical bills covered so that you don’t have to worry about the stress of repaying them.
- Wages Lost – A dog bite can cause you to miss work. You work hard for your money, and you have bills that have to be paid. You need your wages and bills are now tight because of the dog attack. We can make sure that you get paid for your lost wages.
- Rehabilitation Costs – Depending upon the severity of the injury, you may need to see a physical therapist and go through rehabilitation classes. You shouldn’t have to pay for these classes. The dog owner can be held liable for these costs.
- Punitive Damages – If the dog had bit someone, before, and the owner did nothing to change its behavior, then you can seek punitive damages.
- Legal Costs – Your legal fees can be recovered against the pet owners insurance policies.
We recover many different costs for our dog bite clients, this isn’t the complete comprehensive list. Every dog bite claim in Pulaski County is unique, and your case may warrant a higher judgment. Our Dog Bite Attorneys in Pulaski County will make sure that the dog owner pays what they owe you, and that you get the settlement you deserve.
Dog Bite Lawyer Pulaski County – Lawyer near me Pulaski County
Dogs should never bite anyone, and only do so when they are stressed or are poorly trained. This can be used against the pet owner, especially if they were warned beforehand to properly confine and care for their animal.
Hassakis Law is prepared to fight for you. Dog Bites are no laughing matter, and should always be treated seriously. Our Personal Injury Law Firm in Pulaski County takes on dog bite claims and we fight for the rights and recoveries of our clients. If you have questions about how the legal proceedings work, what you can expect to recover, or what will happen to the animal during the claim, speak with our lawyers by calling 1-800-553-3125, or by clicking HERE and filling out the contact form.