Continuing from where Construction Accidents: The Causes, Impacts & Options for Recovery (Pt. 1) left off, here, we will continue our in-depth look at construction accidents. While the first part of this blog series focused on the causes of construction accidents, below, we will discuss what you may need to know regarding the impacts and options for financial recovery after these accidents.
Impacts of Construction Accidents
- Physical impacts of construction accidents – Among the most obvious impacts of construction accidents are perhaps their physical impacts, which can include irreversible – if not life-threatening – injuries. Commonly, in fact, construction accidents result in injuries like traumatic brain injuries and spinal cord injuries.
- Psychological impacts of construction accidents – When the physical impacts of construction accidents cause severe or permanent damage, injured people may also struggle with some mental and emotional impacts, as they adjust to their new impairments. This adjustment can be a long (if not a lifelong) journey in some cases.
- Financial impacts of construction accidents – The financial impacts of construction accidents can be as devastating as the physical and psychological impacts. In fact, as David Michaels, Assistant Secretary at OSHA, has noted, “a breadwinner’s serious [construction] injury can throw a family permanently out of the middle class.”
Options for Financial Recovery after Construction Accidents
After construction accidents take place, injured people may have a few different options for financial recovery, only a few of which may include:
- Workers’ compensation benefits – Generally, workers hurt on construction sites can pursue workers’ compensation benefits as one option for financial recovery after construction accidents. In fact, even if the injured person caused the accident, this can still be an option, as Illinois is a no-fault workers’ compensation state.
- Compensation from lawsuits – In the event that the negligence of some third-party who was not the employer (like a contractor, a vendor, etc.) played a role in causing the construction accident, it may also be possible to sue that negligent party for causing the accident.
Mount Vernon Construction Site Accident Lawyers at the Law Firm of Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C.
Have you or a loved one been hurt by in a construction accident? If so, the experienced and trusted Mount Vernon construction site accident lawyers at the Law Firm of Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. are ready to stand up for your rights. Since 1950, we have been providing the highest quality legal services and representation to our clients. Our trusted attorneys focus on our clients’ needs, we are passionate about our clients, and we do everything we can to help them get the maximum possible compensation for their losses and injuries so they can focus on recovery and moving on with their life.
If you are ready to learn more about your best options for financial recovery and how we can help you, contact us by calling (888) 896-9381 or by emailing us using the form at the upper right-hand side of the page. We can provide you with a free, thorough assessment of your case, along with professional advice regarding the best manner in which to move forward.