Workers Compensation Attorney Murphysboro, IL
“I know that in these times a lot of people are living paycheck to paycheck. Often a workers’ compensation lawsuit is not about getting rich, it’s about putting food on the table, struggling to get back to even, all the while seeking to obtain the best medical treatment the worker desperately needs while receiving benefits while off on a work injury.” — Mark D. Hassakis, Attorney at Law.
If you’ve been injured at work or on-the-job in Illinois, you need to pursue your workers’ compensation benefits. The workers’ compensation system’s can be used to curtail the influence of work-related injuries or illnesses on workers and employers.You are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits whether you slipped and fell at work, injured your back while lifting a heavy object, developed carpal tunnel syndrome, got into a vehicular wreck while on the job, or suffered other serious injuries. The Workers Compensation Lawyers at Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. have been offering client-centered counseling for our Murphysboro, Illinois clients since 1950. We have the experience to help you get the workers’ compensation benefits you need to fully recover.
Dealing with Insurance Companies during Workers Compensation
Don’t trust that an insurance company adjuster has your best interests in mind when it comes to workers compensation claim, it is crucial that you speak to an experienced workers compensation attorney to entirely ensure that their claim is handled as efficiently as possible, their rights are fully represented, and they receive all of the benefits they deserve for their injuries and losses.
Dealing with insurance company adjusters can be detrimental to your workers comp case, as these agents don’t care about the needs of injured workers and are trained to:
- Minimize the amount of payouts on claims
- Maximize the insurance company’s profits
- Readily deny legitimate claims for even the most minor missteps or miscommunications.
Some of the devious tactics Insurance Agencies will use to cheat you out of your deserved workers compensation benefits include:
- Trying to pay out less than the full amount of benefits deserved.
- Not providing coverage for essential medical costs.
- Outright denying valid workers compensation claims.
For more information regarding Insurance company tactics, and how an experienced workers comp attorney can help you, we have an entire page HERE
Recovering Lost Wages Due to Inability to Work
In the event that workplace injuries leave workers unable to return to their previous job , whether they be irreversibly partially disabled or permanently disabled, the injured workers will also be entitled to collect compensation for their lost wages associated with their inability to work in the future. When a worker is injured and unable to return to work because of the injury, they and repetitive stress injuries (such as carpal tunnel syndrome). Possible avenues by which injured workers can secure compensation for lost wages associated with their inability to work including through:
- Illinois workers compensation laws, which include stipulations that employers pay for vocational training for injured workers who are not able to return to their previous jobs but who can still work and need additional training to secure other jobs in the future.
- Federal Social Security Disability, which can provide compensation to injured workers who are unable to work in any capacity for at least one year. When assessing eligibility for these benefits, caseworkers will evaluate all injuries or illnesses that a worker has (regardless of whether they were related specifically to the job-related injury).
- Private insurance policies for short-term or long-term disability benefits, which are paid into monthly by employees who have them. These benefits are intended to provide additional compensation in the event an injured party is unable to work and is not able to obtain enough compensation through other avenues.
No-Fault Workers Compensation Murphysboro
Worker’s Compensation in Illinois is a “no-fault” system, which means that any worker who is injured on the job – regardless of whether that injury has been caused by the injured worker himself, a co-worker, an employer or another party – is entitled to workers compensation benefits from the employer’s insurance company. The no-fault system also stipulates that the injured worker does not have to prove who caused the injury; he only needs to establish that the injury occurred while he was on the job.
Here are some additional important facts about Illinois’ no-fault worker’s compensation system:
- Workplace injuries that involve aggravating a pre-existing injury and/or that involve repetitive stress injuries (such as carpal tunnel syndrome) are covered by workers compensation.
- Employers are legally required to compensate injured workers for all medical bills they incurred as a result of their workplace injury.
- It is illegal for an employer to fire an injured worker just because he has filed a workers compensation claim.
Whole Person Ratings in Workers Compensation and What it Means for your Claim
Whole Person Ratings are intended to evaluate how a permanent disability sustained from a workplace injury affects the entire body. These ratings at typically given as a percentage (i.e., an x% whole person rating), with the percentage referring to the degree to which the injured party is viewed as an able-bodied individual. Doctors trained to assign whole person ratings do so with reference to the American Medical Association Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment.
It’s important to point out that, despite the fact that doctors are trained on how to use the AMA Guides to establish whole person ratings, many doctors can rate injuries incorrectly, which could lead to workers compensation benefits being grossly shorted for injured parties. In such cases, it will be essential to work with an experienced workers compensation attorney near Murphysboro to ensure that:
- You are given the appropriate whole person rating based on the nature and severity of your injuries.
- Your rights are fully protected and represented at every stage of the worker’s compensation process.
- You have the best chances of receiving the maximum possible benefits for your injuries and losses.
If you believe your injury has been incorrectly assessed and that you aren’t receiving the rating that meets the seriousness of your injury, contact the Workers Compensation Lawyers of Hassakis Law now.
A Proven Record of Success in Workers Compensation Cases in Murphysboro, IL
The Workers Compensation Lawyers of Hassakis Law are devoted to ensuring their clients get the recovery and legal compensation that they deserve and need to get their lives back on track. Our lawyers have a proven record of success in workers compensation claims, here are a few of the cases where we helped our clients get the justice they deserve.
Contact our Workers Compensation Attorneys
The Law Firm of Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C., our experienced Murphysboro workers compensation lawyershave been offering client-centered representation to our Southern Illinois clients since 1950. Our devoted attorneys focus on our clients’ needs, and we do everything we can to help them get the maximum possible compensation for their workplace injuries so they can focus on recovery and move on with their lives. If you or a loved one has sustained any type of injury while working, contact us by calling (800)-553-3125 for a free, thorough assessment of your case, along with professional advice regarding the best manner in which to move forward.