Workers Compensation Attorney Goreville, IL
“I know that in these times a lot of people are living paycheck to paycheck. Often a workers’ compensation lawsuit is not about getting rich, it’s about putting food on the table, struggling to get back to even, all the while seeking to obtain the best medical treatment the worker desperately needs while receiving benefits while off on a work injury.” — Mark D. Hassakis, Attorney at Law.
If you’ve been injured at work or on-the-job in Illinois, you can pursue workers’ compensation benefits. The workers’ compensation system’s purpose is to curtail the burden of work-related injuries or illnesses on workers and employers.You are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits whether you slipped and fell at work, injured your back while lifting a heavy object, developed carpal tunnel syndrome, got into a vehicular wreck while on the job, or suffered other serious injuries. The Workers Compensation Lawyers at Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. have been providing client-centered legal counseling for our Goreville, Illinois clients since 1950. We have the experience and excellence to help you get the workers’ compensation benefits you are owed.
Dealing with Insurance Companies during Workers Compensation
The Insurance company and their adjusters will be actively working against your best interests in a workers compensation claim, so it is vitally important that you speak with an experienced workers compensation attorney to ensure that their claim is handled as thoroughly as possible, their rights are fully protected, and they receive all of the benefits they are rightfully owed for their injuries and losses.
Dealing with insurance company adjusters can be dangerous to your workers’ comp case, as these agents don’t care about the needs of injured workers and are trained to:
- Minimize the amount of payouts on claims
- Maximize the insurance company’s profits
- Readily deny legitimate claims for even the most minor missteps or miscommunications.
Some of the deceitful tactics Insurance Agencies will use to cheat you out of your deserved workers compensation benefits include:
- Trying to pay out less than the full amount of benefits deserved.
- Not providing coverage for essential medical costs.
- Outright denying valid workers compensation claims.
For more information regarding Insurance company tactics, and how an experienced workers comp attorney can help you, we have an entire page HERE
Recovering Lost Wages Due to Inability to Work
When the sustained injuries are too sever to return to work , whether they be irreversibly partially disabled or permanently disabled, the injured employees will also be entitled to collect compensation for their lost wages associated with their inability to work in the future. When it comes to recovering lost wages, injured workers and repetitive stress injuries (such as carpal tunnel syndrome). Possible avenues by which injured workers can secure compensation for lost wages associated with their inability to work including through:
- Illinois workers compensation laws, which include stipulations that employers pay for vocational training for injured workers who are not able to return to their previous jobs but who can still work and need additional training to secure other jobs in the future.
- Federal Social Security Disability, which can provide compensation to injured workers who are unable to work in any capacity for at least one year. When assessing eligibility for these benefits, caseworkers will evaluate all injuries or illnesses that a worker has (regardless of whether they were related specifically to the job-related injury).
- Private insurance policies for short-term or long-term disability benefits, which are paid into monthly by employees who have them. These benefits are intended to provide additional compensation in the event an injured party is unable to work and is not able to obtain enough compensation through other avenues.
No-Fault Workers Compensation Goreville
Worker’s Compensation in Illinois is a “no-fault” system, which means that any worker who is injured on the job – regardless of whether that injury has been caused by the injured worker himself, a co-worker, an employer or another party – is entitled to workers compensation benefits from the employer’s insurance company. The no-fault system also stipulates that the injured worker does not have to prove who caused the injury; he only needs to establish that the injury occurred while he was on the job.
Here are some additional important facts about Illinois’ no-fault worker’s compensation system:
- Workplace injuries that involve aggravating a pre-existing injury and/or that involve repetitive stress injuries (such as carpal tunnel syndrome) are covered by workers compensation.
- Employers are legally required to compensate injured workers for all medical bills they incurred as a result of their workplace injury.
- It is illegal for an employer to fire an injured worker just because he has filed a workers compensation claim.
Whole Person Ratings in Workers Compensation and What it Means for your Claim
Whole Person Ratings are intended to evaluate how a permanent disability sustained from a workplace injury affects the entire body. These ratings at typically given as a percentage (i.e., an x% whole person rating), with the percentage referring to the degree to which the injured party is viewed as an able-bodied individual. Doctors trained to assign whole person ratings do so with reference to the American Medical Association Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment.
It’s important to note that, despite the fact that doctors are trained on how to use the AMA Guides to establish whole person ratings, many doctors can rate injuries incorrectly, which could lead to workers compensation benefits being drastically less for injured parties. In such cases, it will be of the utmost importance to work with an experienced workers compensation attorney near Goreville to ensure that:
- You are given the appropriate whole person rating based on the nature and severity of your injuries.
- Your rights are fully protected and represented at every stage of the worker’s compensation process.
- You have the best chances of receiving the maximum possible benefits for your injuries and losses.
If you believe your injury has been badly assessed and that you aren’t receiving the rating that meets the severity of your injury, contact the Workers Compensation Lawyers of Hassakis Law now.
A Proven Record of Success in Workers Compensation Cases in Goreville, IL
The Workers Compensation Lawyers of Hassakis Law are devoted to ensuring their clients get the justice and compensation that they deserve and need so that they can focus on their families and living once again. Our lawyers have a proven record of success in workers compensation claims, here are a few of the cases where we helped our clients get the justice they deserve.
Contact our Workers Compensation Attorneys
The Law Firm of Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C., our experienced Goreville workers compensation lawyershave been giving client-centered representation to our Southern Illinois clients since 1950. Our devoted attorneys focus on our clients’ needs, and we do everything we can to help them get the maximum possible compensation for their workplace injuries so they can focus on recovery and move on with their lives. If you or a loved one has sustained an injury while working, contact us by calling (800)-553-3125 for a free, thorough assessment of your case, along with professional advice regarding the best manner in which to move forward.