Wrongful Death Attorneys in Centralia Illinois
Wrongful Death Attorney Centralia Illinois. Due to the reckless and negligent actions of an business, individual, or corporation, your loved one has passed. No amount of money or legal action will ever replace your family member, but it can help you and your family recover during this difficult and trying time. While you and your loved ones heal and take time to honor your loved one, our wrongful death attorneys in Centralia can and will fight on your family’s behalf to ensure that those who are responsible for your loved ones passing are held accountable to the fullest extent of the law.
The Centralia Wrongful Death Attorneys at Hassakis Law have over 60 years of experience successfully fighting for and defending Centralia, Illinois families during and after tragic accidents. We understand the pain and anguish that you and your family are enduring after the wrongful death of your loved one, and we are dedicated to providing complete, comprehensive, and exceptional legal guidance and advicein your wrongful death case. As soon as you call our lawyers, we will aggressively fight against those who harmed your family, and ensure that you and your loved ones are provided for and protected throughout the entirety of the case, and afterward. We will ensure that the memory of your loved one is honored, and that you and your family are compensated for your loss.
What Constitutes a Wrongful Death Claim?
“Sec. 1. Whenever the death of a person shall be caused by wrongful act, neglect or default, and the act, neglect or default is such as would, if death had not ensued, have entitled the party injured to maintain an action and recover damages in respect thereof, then and in every such case the person who or company or corporation which would have been liable if death had not ensued, shall be liable to an action for damages, notwithstanding the death of the person injured, and although the death shall have been caused under such circumstances as amount in law to felony. No action may be brought under this Act if the decedent had brought a cause of action with respect to the same underlying incident or occurrence which was settled or on which judgment was rendered. ”
When someone you loved has passed because of the actions of another, and would not have if that accident had not occurred, then a wrongful death claim can be pursued. To successfully pursue a wrongful death claim, these criteria often must be met:
- The Passing of A Loved One – For a wrongful death case to be pursued, a loved one must have passed because of an accident or negligence of another. A wrongful death case cannot be pursued before someone’s passing.
- The Negligence of another, Or Willful Intent to Cause Harm -An avoidable action has to have occurred, that the responsible party could have improved or corrected prior to your loved ones passing.
- Family Members are Suffering Financially – A financial burden that would otherwise not exist is now placed upon the family.
- Family Members are Suffering from the Loss – A loss of companionship and cohabitation can be pursued and a recovery can be gained from this loss.
If your loved one passed and their passing meets any of the required criteria above, our wrongful death attorneys in Centralia can and will assist you in pursuing a wrongful death claim. We live and work in Illinois, and we care about our neighbors. Our Centralia Wrongful Death Attorneys can help you and your family recover.
What types of Wrongful Death Claims do you Pursue?
Because of accidents, negligence, or the actions of another deliberately placing someone in harm’s way, a wrongful death case can be filed in every category of personal injury law. Whether it be a death caused by a car wreck, boat accident, tractor trailer crash, or even a work accident, our wrongful death lawyers have over 60 years of experience and excellence defending the families of loved ones who have passed because of negligence and avoidable accidents. Our Wrongful Death Lawyers pursue these types of wrongful death cases and more:
- Truck/Trailer Accident – The Force involved in tractor-trailer accidents is tremendous, and because of the dangers associated with a tractor-trailer accident, truck drivers must adhere to certain protocols when operating their vehicles. If they don’t, and your loved one passed because of their negligence, you can pursue a wrongful death claim against the driver and their company.
- Car Crashes – Vehicular Accidents, when severe enough, can cause the death of a loved one. When negligence is involved, you can pursue damages against the responsible party.
- Work Related Accidents – Work-related accidents are tragic, and often avoidable. When your loved one has passed because of an accident at their place of work, you can and should pursue a wrongful death claim against the company and all liable parties.
- Premise Liability – If an accident occurred on someone’s property, and they had a responsibility to keep the property in a safe condition for the public, then you can pursue a wrongful death claim against the person or company.
- Nursing Home Neglect – When a loved one passes because of negligent or inadequate medical care, you can and should pursue a legal judgement against the company or business responsible.
- Medical Malpractice -When a Doctors error causes the passing of a loved one, a passing that would not have happened under normal circumstances, you can and should pursue a wrongful death claim against the doctor and the hospital.
- Boating Accidents – While more rare than car or truck accidents, boat accidents are just as deadly. If your loved one perished because of an accident involving a boat, and negligence was involved, our wrongful death lawyers in Centralia, can help you.
- Railroad Accidents – Train related accidents are often fatal. If your loved one passed after an incident involving a train, you can and should pursue a judgment against the company responsible.
- Product Defects – If your loved one passed because of a defective product, our wrongful death lawyers will fight on your behalf to hold the responsible party accountable for their actions.
- Personal Injury Accidents – Any personal injury accident that resulted in the loss of your loved one can possibly result in a wrongful death claim. If there was negligence involved, our wrongful death attorneys in Centralia can help you pursue your claim.
If your family member has passed because of an accident, and they passed because of a reason not listed above, it is still important to call our wrongful death lawyers because we pursue all claims regarding the wrongful passing of loved ones in Illinois. Our Wrongful Death Attorneys can and will fight on your family’s behalf.
What types of Compensation can my Family receive for the Centralia Wrongful Death?
Placing a dollar amount on what your loved one was worth can be difficult. Money will never replace your lost loved one, but, taking an accurate account of their monetary value and their applicable skills/trade proficiencies can help in estimating how much your family can receive in compensation for your loved one’s passing. Here are several factors that help in this decision:
- Earning Capacity
- Health Prior to Death
- Income at Time of Death
- Age and Circumstances of Dependents
- Education Level and Training
- Medical, Legal and Other Expenses Incurred because of the Passing
- Lost Pension
- Health Insurance
- Loss of Companionship
When the reckless actions of another have taken your family member from you, you can receive compensation for the loss of their life, their income, the loss of your companionship, and any other hardship you and your loved ones are placed in because of their passing. When you are ready to pursue their wrongful death claim, our Centralia attorneys can help.
What If my Family Member was Partially responsible for their Accident?
This is known as Comparative Fault Factoring. If your loved one was at fault for more than 50% of the reason that the accident occurred, pursuing damages may be incredibly difficult in the case. However, if they were not more than 50% responsible for the accident, a wrongful death claim can and should be pursued. Their percentage of fault in the accident does, however, reduce the amount of compensation that can be received in the claim.
Illinois Compiled Statutes state,
“Contributory fault” means any fault on the part of the plaintiff (including but not limited to negligence, assumption of the risk, or willful and wanton misconduct) which is a proximate cause of the death, bodily injury to person, or physical damage to property for which recovery is sought.”
The Statute goes further to state,
“In all actions on account of death, bodily injury or physical damage to property in which recovery is predicated upon fault, the contributory fault chargeable to the plaintiff shall be compared with the fault of all tortfeasors whose fault was a proximate cause of the death, injury, loss, or damage for which recovery is sought. The plaintiff shall be barred from recovering damages if the trier of fact finds that the contributory fault on the part of the plaintiff is more than 50% of the proximate cause of the injury or damage for which recovery is sought. The plaintiff shall not be barred from recovering damages if the trier of fact finds that the contributory fault on the part of the plaintiff is not more than 50% of the proximate cause of the injury or damage for which recovery is sought, but any economic or non-economic damages allowed shall be diminished in the proportion to the amount of fault attributable to the plaintiff.”
Why Should I choose the Centralia Wrongful Death Lawyers of Hassakis Law to Pursue my Wrongful Death Claim?
The Wrongful Death Lawyers at Hassakis Law believe in aggressively pursuing wrongful death claims for Illinois residents. Because of the negligent actions of a corporation, individual, or the reckless actions of a business, you have lost a dear and cherished member of your family. No amount of money will ever replace your family member, we can make sure that those who are responsible for their passing are held to account. We care about Illinois families because we are a part of Illinois. When you choose our , you are choosing local attorneys who have a stake in the success and livelihood of their communities. When you are ready to pursue justice for your lost loved one, call or contact our Wrongful Death Attorneys in Illinois.
Spanish translation services available. Servicios de Traducción en Español Disponibles.
Greek translation services available.