Wrongful Death Attorneys in Parkersburg Illinois
Wrongful Death Attorney Parkersburg Illinois. Due to the negligent and dangerous actions of an business, individual, or corporation, your loved one has passed. No amount of compensation or legal action will ever replace your loved one, but it can help you and your family recover during this difficult and trying time. While you and your loved ones heal and take time to honor your loved one, our wrongful death attorneys in Parkersburg can and will fight on your family’s behalf to ensure that those who’s negligent and dangerous actions caused the passing of your loved one are held accountable to the fullest extent of the law.
The Parkersburg Wrongful Death Attorneys at Hassakis Law have over 60 years of experience successfully fighting for and defending Parkersburg, Illinois families during and after tragic accidents. We understand the pain and anguish that you and your family are enduring after the wrongful death of your loved one, and we are dedicated to providing the most comprehensive and complete legal guidance and advicein your wrongful death case. Starting on Day 1, we will aggressively fight against those who harmed your family, and ensure that you and your loved ones are completely provided for and protected during your claim, and afterward. We will ensure that the memory of your loved one is honored, and that you and your family are compensated for your loss.
What Constitutes a Wrongful Death Claim?
“Sec. 1. Whenever the death of a person shall be caused by wrongful act, neglect or default, and the act, neglect or default is such as would, if death had not ensued, have entitled the party injured to maintain an action and recover damages in respect thereof, then and in every such case the person who or company or corporation which would have been liable if death had not ensued, shall be liable to an action for damages, notwithstanding the death of the person injured, and although the death shall have been caused under such circumstances as amount in law to felony. No action may be brought under this Act if the decedent had brought a cause of action with respect to the same underlying incident or occurrence which was settled or on which judgment was rendered. ”
When a member of your family has died because of someone’s reckless actions, and would not have if that accident had not occurred, then a wrongful death claim can be pursued. To successfully pursue a wrongful death claim, these criteria often must be met:
- The Passing of A Loved One – For a wrongful death case to be pursued, a loved one has to have passed from the negligent actions of another, actions that would have resulted in compensation had they lived. A wrongful death case cannot be pursued before someone’s passing.
- The Negligence of another, Or Willful Intent to Cause Harm -Negligence is crucial to a wrongful death claim. An action that would have not occurred had the negligent party acted responsibly has to have occurred.
- Family Members are Suffering Financially – A financial burden that would otherwise not exist is now placed upon the family.
- Family Members are Suffering from the Loss – The family is now suffering from the loss of their loved one, and is now eligible to seek financial compensation for their hardship.
If tragedy has struck your family, and you need to know which steps to take to best honor the memory of your loved one and protect your family, our wrongful death attorneys in Parkersburg can and will assist you in pursuing a wrongful death claim. We live and work in Illinois, and we care about our neighbors. Our Parkersburg Wrongful Death Attorneys can help you and your family recover.
What types of Wrongful Death Claims do you Pursue?
Negligent and dangerous actions can happen in any location for any reason and because of this, a wrongful death case can be filed in every category of personal injury law. Whether it be a death caused by a work accident, trailer crash, boating accident, or even a medical malpractice accident, our wrongful death lawyers have over 6 decades aggressively fighting for the families of loved ones who have passed because of negligence and avoidable accidents. Our Wrongful Death Lawyers pursue these types of wrongful death cases and more:
- Truck/Trailer Accident – Tractor Trailers are massive vehicles and the drivers must follow certain protocols when driving. If they don’t, and your loved one passed because of their negligence, you can pursue a wrongful death claim against the driver and their company.
- Car Crashes – Vehicular Accidents, when severe enough, can cause the death of a loved one. When negligence is involved, you can pursue damages against the responsible party.
- Work Related Accidents – Work-related accidents are tragic avoidable accidents. There is always a trail of negligence that can be followed in these cases.
- Premise Liability – Property Owners are required, by law, to keep their premises in a safe condition for those who travel through or in their premises. When they don’t and their negligence causes the passing of a loved one, you can pursue a wrongful death claim because of the property owner.
- Nursing Home Neglect – When a loved one passes because of negligent or inadequate medical care, you can and should pursue a legal judgement against the company or business responsible.
- Medical Malpractice -When a Doctors error causes the passing of a loved one, a passing that would not have happened under normal circumstances, you can and should pursue a wrongful death claim against the doctor and the hospital.
- Boating Accidents – While more rare than car or truck accidents, boat accidents are just as deadly. If your loved one perished because of an accident involving a boat, and negligence was involved, our wrongful death lawyers in Parkersburg, can help you.
- Railroad Accidents – Because of the massive amount of force involved in train-related accidents, those involved face catastrophic injury and even death. If your loved one passed in an accident related to a train, you can and should pursue legal judgment against the company.
- Product Defects – If your loved one passed because of a defective product, our wrongful death lawyers will fight on your behalf to hold the responsible party accountable for their actions.
- Personal Injury Accidents – Any personal injury accident that resulted in the loss of your loved one can possibly result in a wrongful death claim. If there was negligence involved, our wrongful death attorneys in Parkersburg can help you pursue your claim.
If you have lost an irreplaceable member of your family because of a negligent accident, and they passed because of an accident not stated above, it is still important to call our wrongful death lawyers because we pursue all claims regarding the wrongful passing of loved ones in Illinois. The Wrongful Death Lawyers of Hassakis Law will fight on your family’s behalf to ensure you get the compensation and restitution your family deserves+.
What types of Compensation can my Family receive for the Parkersburg Wrongful Death?
Determining the value of a loved and lost family member is hard. No amount of money will ever replace your family member taking an accurate account of their monetary value and their applicable skills/trade proficiencies can help in estimating how much your family can receive in compensation for your loved one’s passing. Here are several factors that help in this decision:
- Earning Capacity
- Health Prior to Death
- Income at Time of Death
- Age and Circumstances of Dependents
- Education Level and Training
- Medical, Legal and Other Expenses Incurred because of the Passing
- Lost Pension
- Health Insurance
- Loss of Companionship
When the dangerous and careless actions of another take your family from you, you can receive compensation for the loss of their life, their income, the loss of your companionship, and any other hardship you and your loved ones are placed in because of their passing. When you are ready to pursue their wrongful death claim, our Parkersburg attorneys can help.
What If my Family Member was Partially responsible for their Accident?
This is known as Comparative Fault Factoring. If your loved one was at fault for more than 50% of the reason that the accident occurred, pursuing damages may be incredibly difficult in the case. However, if they were not more than 50% responsible for the accident, a wrongful death claim can and should be pursued. Their percentage of fault in the accident does, however, reduce the amount of compensation that can be received in the claim.
Illinois Compiled Statutes state,
“Contributory fault” means any fault on the part of the plaintiff (including but not limited to negligence, assumption of the risk, or willful and wanton misconduct) which is a proximate cause of the death, bodily injury to person, or physical damage to property for which recovery is sought.”
The Statute goes further to state,
“In all actions on account of death, bodily injury or physical damage to property in which recovery is predicated upon fault, the contributory fault chargeable to the plaintiff shall be compared with the fault of all tortfeasors whose fault was a proximate cause of the death, injury, loss, or damage for which recovery is sought. The plaintiff shall be barred from recovering damages if the trier of fact finds that the contributory fault on the part of the plaintiff is more than 50% of the proximate cause of the injury or damage for which recovery is sought. The plaintiff shall not be barred from recovering damages if the trier of fact finds that the contributory fault on the part of the plaintiff is not more than 50% of the proximate cause of the injury or damage for which recovery is sought, but any economic or non-economic damages allowed shall be diminished in the proportion to the amount of fault attributable to the plaintiff.”
Why Should I choose the Parkersburg Wrongful Death Lawyers of Hassakis Law to Pursue my Wrongful Death Claim?
The Wrongful Death Lawyers at Hassakis Law believe in aggressively pursuing wrongful death claims for Illinois residents. Because of the negligent actions of a corporation, individual, or the reckless actions of a business, you have lost a dear and cherished member of your family. No amount of money or legal action will ever replace your loved one, but with our help, we can make sure that those who are responsible for their passing are held to account. We care about Illinois families because we are a part of Illinois. When you choose our , you are choosing local attorneys who have a stake in the success and livelihood of their communities. When you are ready to pursue justice for your lost loved one, call or contact our Wrongful Death Attorneys in Illinois.
Spanish translation services available. Servicios de Traducción en Español Disponibles.
Greek translation services available.