Wrongful Death Attorneys in Rockwood Illinois
Wrongful Death Attorney Rockwood Illinois. Due to the dangerous and negligent actions of an corporation, business or individual, your loved one has passed. No amount of money or legal action will ever replace your family member, but it can help you and your family recover during this difficult and trying time. While you and your family take the time to recover from this tragedy, our wrongful death attorneys in Rockwood can and will fight on your family’s behalf to ensure that those who’s negligent and dangerous actions caused the passing of your loved one are held accountable to the fullest extent of the law.
The Rockwood Wrongful Death Attorneys at Hassakis Law have been fighting on behalf of Illinois families for six decades to ensure that they are protected in the event of an accident. You and your family are suffering terrible pain and anguish because of the wrongful death of your loved one, and we are dedicated to providing exceptional legal counseling and advice in your wrongful death case. The moment you contact us for services, we will aggressively pursue legal action against those responsible, and ensure that you and your loved ones are fully provided for and protected during your case, and afterward. We will ensure that the memory of your loved one is honored, and that you and your family are compensated for your loss.
What Constitutes a Wrongful Death Claim?
“Sec. 1. Whenever the death of a person shall be caused by wrongful act, neglect or default, and the act, neglect or default is such as would, if death had not ensued, have entitled the party injured to maintain an action and recover damages in respect thereof, then and in every such case the person who or company or corporation which would have been liable if death had not ensued, shall be liable to an action for damages, notwithstanding the death of the person injured, and although the death shall have been caused under such circumstances as amount in law to felony. No action may be brought under this Act if the decedent had brought a cause of action with respect to the same underlying incident or occurrence which was settled or on which judgment was rendered. ”
When you’ve lost someone you care deeply for because of the actions of a negligent party, and would not have if that accident had not occurred, then a wrongful death claim can be pursued. To successfully pursue a wrongful death claim, these criteria often must be met:
- The Passing of A Loved One – For a wrongful death case to be pursued, the passing of a loved one must be due to anothers negligence or an accident. A wrongful death case cannot be pursued before someone’s passing.
- The Negligence of another, Or Willful Intent to Cause Harm -An avoidable action has to have occurred, that the responsible party could have improved or corrected prior to your loved ones passing.
- Family Members are Suffering Financially – Because of the accident, an undue financial burden is now placed upon the family because of the loss of income.
- Family Members are Suffering from the Loss – The family is now suffering from the loss of their loved one, and is now eligible to seek financial compensation for their hardship.
If your family is suffering from a wrongful death, and any of the reasons above or another reason associated with the passing is making life unduly difficult, our wrongful death attorneys in Rockwood can and will assist you in pursuing a wrongful death claim. We live and work in Illinois, and we care about our neighbors. Our Rockwood Wrongful Death Attorneys can help you and your family recover.
What types of Wrongful Death Claims do you Pursue?
Negligent and dangerous actions can happen in any location for any reason and because of this, a wrongful death case can be filed in every category of personal injury law. Whether it be a death caused by a car accident, work accident, or even medical malpractice, our wrongful death lawyers have decades of experience and legal exceptionalism fighting for and defending the families of loved ones who have passed because of negligence and avoidable accidents. Our Wrongful Death Lawyers pursue these types of wrongful death cases and more:
- Truck/Trailer Accident – The Force involved in tractor-trailer accidents is tremendous, and because of the dangers associated with a tractor-trailer accident, truck drivers must adhere to certain protocols when operating their vehicles. If they don’t, and your loved one passed because of their negligence, you can pursue a wrongful death claim against the driver and their company.
- Car Crashes – Car accidents are one of the leading causes of wrongful death, and are often caused by driver error.
- Work Related Accidents – Work-related deaths are almost always caused by negligence. This can be used against the company for your family’s recovery.
- Premise Liability – If an accident occurred on someone’s property, and they had a responsibility to keep the property in a safe condition for the public, then you can pursue a wrongful death claim against the person or company.
- Nursing Home Neglect – When a loved one passes because of negligent or inadequate medical care, you can and should pursue a legal judgement against the company or business responsible.
- Medical Malpractice -When a Doctors error causes the passing of a loved one, a passing that would not have happened under normal circumstances, you can and should pursue a wrongful death claim against the doctor and the hospital.
- Boating Accidents – While more rare than car or truck accidents, boat accidents are just as deadly. If your loved one perished because of an accident involving a boat, and negligence was involved, our wrongful death lawyers in Rockwood, can help you.
- Railroad Accidents – Unfortunately, railroad accidents often result in fatalities. If your loved one passed because of a railroad accident, and negligence was involved on the part of the train driver, the tracks, or the company that manages either, we can assist you in pursuing damages against these parties.
- Product Defects – Before a product can be sold to consumers, it must be made so that it isn’t dangerous for their consumption or use. If the product was defective, and this negligence was known prior to it being sold, the makers of the product can be held liable for a wrongful death claim.
- Personal Injury Accidents – Any personal injury accident that resulted in the loss of your loved one can possibly result in a wrongful death claim. If there was negligence involved, our wrongful death attorneys in Rockwood can help you pursue your claim.
If your loved one passed because of a dangerous and reckless accident, and they are gone because of the actions of another that isn’t listed above, it is still important to call our wrongful death lawyers because we pursue all claims regarding the wrongful passing of loved ones in Illinois. Our Wrongful Death Attorneys can and will fight on your family’s behalf.
What types of Compensation can my Family receive for the Rockwood Wrongful Death?
Determining the value of a loved and lost family member is hard. No amount of money will ever replace your family member taking an accurate account of their monetary value and their applicable skills/trade proficiencies can help in estimating how much your family can receive in compensation for your loved one’s passing. Here are several factors that help in this decision:
- Earning Capacity
- Health Prior to Death
- Income at Time of Death
- Age and Circumstances of Dependents
- Education Level and Training
- Medical, Legal and Other Expenses Incurred because of the Passing
- Lost Pension
- Health Insurance
- Loss of Companionship
When your loved one has passed because of the negligence of another, you can receive compensation for the loss of their life, their income, the loss of your companionship, and any other hardship you and your loved ones are placed in because of their passing. When you are ready to pursue their wrongful death claim, our Rockwood attorneys can help.
What If my Family Member was Partially responsible for their Accident?
This is known as Comparative Fault Factoring. If your loved one was at fault for more than 50% of the reason that the accident occurred, pursuing damages may be incredibly difficult in the case. However, if they were not more than 50% responsible for the accident, a wrongful death claim can and should be pursued. Their percentage of fault in the accident does, however, reduce the amount of compensation that can be received in the claim.
Illinois Compiled Statutes state,
“Contributory fault” means any fault on the part of the plaintiff (including but not limited to negligence, assumption of the risk, or willful and wanton misconduct) which is a proximate cause of the death, bodily injury to person, or physical damage to property for which recovery is sought.”
The Statute goes further to state,
“In all actions on account of death, bodily injury or physical damage to property in which recovery is predicated upon fault, the contributory fault chargeable to the plaintiff shall be compared with the fault of all tortfeasors whose fault was a proximate cause of the death, injury, loss, or damage for which recovery is sought. The plaintiff shall be barred from recovering damages if the trier of fact finds that the contributory fault on the part of the plaintiff is more than 50% of the proximate cause of the injury or damage for which recovery is sought. The plaintiff shall not be barred from recovering damages if the trier of fact finds that the contributory fault on the part of the plaintiff is not more than 50% of the proximate cause of the injury or damage for which recovery is sought, but any economic or non-economic damages allowed shall be diminished in the proportion to the amount of fault attributable to the plaintiff.”
Why Should I choose the Rockwood Wrongful Death Lawyers of Hassakis Law to Pursue my Wrongful Death Claim?
The Wrongful Death Lawyers at Hassakis Law believe in aggressively pursuing wrongful death claims for Illinois residents. Because of the negligent actions of the dangerous actions of a business, the careless practices of a corporation, or the negligence of an individual, you have lost your loved one. No amount of money will ever replace your family member, we can make sure that those who are responsible for their passing are held to account. We care about Illinois families because we are a part of Illinois. When you choose our , you are choosing local attorneys who have a stake in the success and livelihood of their communities. When you are ready to pursue justice for your lost loved one, call or contact our Wrongful Death Attorneys in Illinois.
Spanish translation services available. Servicios de Traducción en Español Disponibles.
Greek translation services available.