Wrongful Death Attorneys in Cobden Illinois
Wrongful Death Attorney Cobden Illinois. Because of the negligent and dangerous actions of an individual, business, or corporation, your loved one has passed. No amount of money or legal action will ever replace your family member, but it can help you and your family recover during this difficult and trying time. While you and your loved ones heal and take time to honor your loved one, our wrongful death attorneys in Cobden can and will fight on your family’s behalf to ensure that those who caused the accident are held accountable to the fullest extent of the law.
The Cobden Wrongful Death Attorneys at Hassakis Law have been fighting for the justice and compensation that Illinois families deserve for over 60 years. We understand the pain and anguish that you and your family are enduring after the wrongful death of your loved one, and we are dedicated to providing complete, comprehensive, and exceptional legal guidance and advicein your wrongful death case. Beginning on the First Day, we will aggressively pursue those who caused the death of your loved one, and ensure that you and your loved ones are fully provided for and protected during your case, and afterward. We will ensure that the memory of your loved one is honored, and that you and your family are compensated for your loss.
What Constitutes a Wrongful Death Claim?
“Sec. 1. Whenever the death of a person shall be caused by wrongful act, neglect or default, and the act, neglect or default is such as would, if death had not ensued, have entitled the party injured to maintain an action and recover damages in respect thereof, then and in every such case the person who or company or corporation which would have been liable if death had not ensued, shall be liable to an action for damages, notwithstanding the death of the person injured, and although the death shall have been caused under such circumstances as amount in law to felony. No action may be brought under this Act if the decedent had brought a cause of action with respect to the same underlying incident or occurrence which was settled or on which judgment was rendered. ”
When someone you loved has passed because of the actions of another, and would not have if that accident had not occurred, then a wrongful death claim can be pursued. To successfully pursue a wrongful death claim, these criteria often must be met:
- The Passing of A Loved One – For a wrongful death case to be pursued, a loved one must have passed because of an accident or negligence of another. A wrongful death case cannot be pursued before someone’s passing.
- The Negligence of another, Or Willful Intent to Cause Harm -Negligence is crucial to a wrongful death claim. An action that would have not occurred had the negligent party acted responsibly has to have occurred.
- Family Members are Suffering Financially – Because of the accident, an undue financial burden is now placed upon the family because of the loss of income.
- Family Members are Suffering from the Loss – Because of the loss of their spouse, family member, or loved one, damages can be pursued to help with coping with the loss and loss of companionship and time.
If tragedy has struck your family, and you need to know which steps to take to best honor the memory of your loved one and protect your family, our wrongful death attorneys in Cobden can and will assist you in pursuing a wrongful death claim. We live and work in Illinois, and we care about our neighbors. Our Cobden Wrongful Death Attorneys can help you and your family recover.
What types of Wrongful Death Claims do you Pursue?
Accidents or negligent actions can happen anywhere and because of this, a wrongful death case can be filed in every category of personal injury law. Whether it be a death caused by a car accident, work accident, or even medical malpractice, our wrongful death lawyers have decades of experience and legal exceptionalism fighting for and defending the families of loved ones who have passed because of negligence and avoidable accidents. Our Wrongful Death Lawyers pursue these types of wrongful death cases and more:
- Truck/Trailer Accident – Tractor Trailers are massive vehicles and the drivers must follow certain protocols when driving. If they don’t, and your loved one passed because of their negligence, you can pursue a wrongful death claim against the driver and their company.
- Car Crashes – Vehicular Accidents, when severe enough, can cause the death of a loved one. When negligence is involved, you can pursue damages against the responsible party.
- Work Related Accidents – Work-related accidents are tragic, and often avoidable. When your loved one has passed because of an accident at their place of work, you can and should pursue a wrongful death claim against the company and all liable parties.
- Premise Liability – Property Owners are required, by law, to keep their premises in a safe condition for those who travel through or in their premises. When they don’t and their negligence causes the passing of a loved one, you can pursue a wrongful death claim because of the property owner.
- Nursing Home Neglect – When you placed the care of a loved one in the hands of an assisted care living center, and your loved one passed because of their negligence, we will help you hold these parties responsible to the fullest extent of the law.
- Medical Malpractice -When a Doctors error causes the passing of a loved one, a passing that would not have happened under normal circumstances, you can and should pursue a wrongful death claim against the doctor and the hospital.
- Boating Accidents – While more rare than car or truck accidents, boat accidents are just as deadly. If your loved one perished because of an accident involving a boat, and negligence was involved, our wrongful death lawyers in Cobden, can help you.
- Railroad Accidents – Train related accidents are often fatal. If your loved one passed after an incident involving a train, you can and should pursue a judgment against the company responsible.
- Product Defects – If your loved one passed because of a defective product, our wrongful death lawyers will fight on your behalf to hold the responsible party accountable for their actions.
- Personal Injury Accidents – Any personal injury accident that resulted in the loss of your loved one can possibly result in a wrongful death claim. If there was negligence involved, our wrongful death attorneys in Cobden can help you pursue your claim.
If your loved one passed because of a dangerous and reckless accident, and they passed for another reason but negligence was involved, it is still important to call our wrongful death lawyers because we pursue all claims regarding the wrongful passing of loved ones in Illinois. Regardless of the circumstances that led to your loved ones passing, we are dedicated to ensuring that you and your family are provided for, and that those who are responsible are held accountable for the terrible and grievous actions.
What types of Compensation can my Family receive for the Cobden Wrongful Death?
Estimating what your lost loved one would have been worth if not for the accident can be difficult. While no amount of money will ever replace your lost family member taking an accurate account of their monetary value and their applicable skills/trade proficiencies can help in estimating how much your family can receive in compensation for your loved one’s passing. Here are several factors that help in this decision:
- Earning Capacity
- Health Prior to Death
- Income at Time of Death
- Age and Circumstances of Dependents
- Education Level and Training
- Medical, Legal and Other Expenses Incurred because of the Passing
- Lost Pension
- Health Insurance
- Loss of Companionship
When your loved one has passed because of the negligence of another, you can receive compensation for the loss of their life, their income, the loss of your companionship, and any other hardship you and your loved ones are placed in because of their passing. When you are ready to pursue their wrongful death claim, our Cobden attorneys can help.
What If my Family Member was Partially responsible for their Accident?
This is known as Comparative Fault Factoring. If your loved one was at fault for more than 50% of the reason that the accident occurred, pursuing damages may be incredibly difficult in the case. However, if they were not more than 50% responsible for the accident, a wrongful death claim can and should be pursued. Their percentage of fault in the accident does, however, reduce the amount of compensation that can be received in the claim.
Illinois Compiled Statutes state,
“Contributory fault” means any fault on the part of the plaintiff (including but not limited to negligence, assumption of the risk, or willful and wanton misconduct) which is a proximate cause of the death, bodily injury to person, or physical damage to property for which recovery is sought.”
The Statute goes further to state,
“In all actions on account of death, bodily injury or physical damage to property in which recovery is predicated upon fault, the contributory fault chargeable to the plaintiff shall be compared with the fault of all tortfeasors whose fault was a proximate cause of the death, injury, loss, or damage for which recovery is sought. The plaintiff shall be barred from recovering damages if the trier of fact finds that the contributory fault on the part of the plaintiff is more than 50% of the proximate cause of the injury or damage for which recovery is sought. The plaintiff shall not be barred from recovering damages if the trier of fact finds that the contributory fault on the part of the plaintiff is not more than 50% of the proximate cause of the injury or damage for which recovery is sought, but any economic or non-economic damages allowed shall be diminished in the proportion to the amount of fault attributable to the plaintiff.”
Why Should I choose the Cobden Wrongful Death Lawyers of Hassakis Law to Pursue my Wrongful Death Claim?
The Wrongful Death Lawyers at Hassakis Law believe in aggressively pursuing wrongful death claims for Illinois residents. Because of the negligent actions of an individual, a business, or a corporation and their practices, you have lost your loved one. No amount of money will ever replace your loved one, we can make sure that those who are responsible for their passing are held to account. We care about Illinois families because we are a part of Illinois. When you choose our , you are choosing local attorneys who have a stake in the success and livelihood of their communities. When you are ready to pursue justice for your lost loved one, call or contact our Wrongful Death Attorneys in Illinois.
Spanish translation services available. Servicios de Traducción en Español Disponibles.
Greek translation services available.