Traffic Accident Lawyer, Clinton County, IL
In 2018 alone, there were 319,146 crashes in IL involving motor vehicles. Motor vehicle crashes can happen anywhere, at any time, to anyone. If you were injured in a traffic accident, our Traffic Accident Lawyers in Clinton County, IL, can help. For nearly seven decades, our IL Traffic Accident Firm has recovered compensation, including medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, and property damage, for the cases of Clinton County residents. Our Traffic Accident Lawyers in Clinton County, IL, know the toll that traffic accidents can have on a person and are committed to taking care of you and your loved ones during this difficult time. For a free case review, call (618) 244-5335 (Mt. Vernon) or (217) 240-5661 (Effingham).
Causes of Traffic Accidents
Accidents occur for many different reasons, but the majority of accidents are attributed to human error and are typically preventable. The most common types of crashes include head-on collisions, rollover accidents, and sideswipe collisions. These types of accidents can cause catastrophic injuries such as traumatic brain and back injuries, which can significantly impact a person’s overall quality of life.
Every traffic accident is different, but the 5 most common causes of traffic accidents include:
- Distracted Driving – taking your eyes off the road, even for a second, can have fatal consequences. The most common cause of fatal traffic accidents in IL is driving while distracted, which includes texting and driving, talking on the phone, using a GPS, etc.
- Speeding – speeding reduces a driver’s reaction time and makes it difficult to avoid unexpected objects in the road and traffic stalls
- Driving Under the Influence – drugs and alcohol can impair a person’s senses, including coordination, vision, and judgment, behind the wheel
- Bad Weather – snow, ice, and heavy rain reduce tire traction which can cause a vehicle to swerve and spin out of control unless a driver takes proper precautions, such as maintaining their vehicle and knowing how to handle their vehicle in bad weather conditions
- Unskilled Driving – young drivers and inexperienced truck drivers are the two most common causes of unskilled driving accidents in IL
Traffic accidents can be traumatic, and it can be challenging to determine what your next steps should be, especially if severe injuries are involved. After a traffic accident, you need to get immediate medical treatment and speak with a Traffic Accident Lawyer in Clinton County, IL, about the accident.
What to Do After a Traffic Accident
Every day, hundreds of people are injured in car crashes, truck accidents, motorcycle collisions, and other types of traffic accidents in the U.S. After a motor vehicle accident, it’s important to seek medical attention, gather evidence, and have an experienced attorney represent your case. If injuries from the accident go undocumented, this could result in a reduced settlement, as the most valuable types of evidence from a crash include injuries, property damage, witness accounts, and the police report. After an accident, your attorney will use this information to prove the other party’s fault, develop a strong Clinton County traffic accident claim, and when defending against the negligent party’s insurance company.
Most injury claims, with adequate evidence from the scene of the accident, proof of injuries, and aggressive legal representation can receive at least a portion of damages from an accident if filed within Illinois’ statute of limitations. Illinois’ timeframe is two years from the date of an accident for injury claims and five years from the time of a crash for personal property damage claims. Beyond this, victims risk losing their right to recover damages attributed to the accident.
Consult Our Traffic Accident Lawyers in Clinton County, IL, Today
If another driver’s negligence has left you struggling with medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, or other damages, you need to consult our Traffic Accident Lawyers in Clinton County, IL. Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. has defended the cases of Southern IL residents for over 68 years and has recovered compensation for countless traffic claims in Clinton County. If you are looking for a Traffic Accident Lawyer in Clinton County, IL, to represent your case, call (618) 244-5335 (Mt. Vernon), (217) 240-5661 (Effingham), or contact Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. today for a free personalized consultation.