Traffic Accident Lawyer, Johnson County, IL
In 2018 alone, there were 319,146 crashes in IL involving motor vehicles. Accidents can occur anywhere, at any time, to anyone. If you were injured in a traffic accident, our Traffic Accident Lawyers in Johnson County, IL, can help. For nearly seven decades, our IL Traffic Accident Firm has recovered damages for the injury claims of Johnson County residents. Our Traffic Accident Lawyers in Johnson County, IL, know the toll that traffic accidents can have on a person and promise to take care of you and your family during this difficult time. For a free case review, call (618) 244-5335 (Mt. Vernon) or (217) 240-5661 (Effingham).
Causes of Traffic Accidents
There are countless ways that an accident can happen, but the most common types of crashes include head-on collisions, rollover accidents, and sideswipe collisions. These types of accidents can cause catastrophic injuries such as traumatic brain and neck injuries, which can significantly affect a person’s overall quality of life.
Every case is different, but the 5 most common causes of traffic accidents include:
- Distracted Driving – taking your eyes off the road, even for a second, can have fatal consequences. The most common cause of fatal traffic accidents in IL is distracted driving
- Speeding – driving over the speed limit reduces a driver’s reaction time and makes it difficult to avoid unexpected objects in the road and traffic stalls
- Driving Under the Influence – drugs and alcohol can impair a person’s senses, including coordination, vision, and judgment, behind the wheel
- Bad Weather – snow, ice, and heavy rain reduce tire traction which can cause a vehicle to swerve and spin out of control unless a driver takes proper precautions, such as maintaining their vehicle and knowing how to handle their vehicle in bad weather conditions
- Unskilled Driving – young drivers and inexperienced truck drivers are the two most common causes of unskilled driving accidents in IL
Traffic accidents are difficult to deal with, and it can be challenging to determine what your next steps should be, especially if severe injuries are involved. After an accident, you need to get immediate medical treatment and speak with a Traffic Accident Lawyer in Johnson County, IL, about the accident.
What to Do After a Traffic Accident
Every day, hundreds of people are injured in car crashes, truck accidents, motorcycle collisions, and other types of traffic accidents in the U.S. After a crash, it’s important to seek medical attention, gather evidence, and have an experienced attorney represent your case. If injuries from the accident go undocumented, this could result in a reduced settlement, as the most valuable types of evidence from a crash include injuries, property damage, witness accounts, and the police report. After an accident, your attorney will use this information against the other party when defending your Johnson County traffic accident claim against the negligent party’s insurance company.
Most injury claims, with adequate evidence from the scene of the accident, documentation of injuries, and aggressive legal representation can receive at least a portion of damages from an accident if filed within Illinois’ statute of limitations. Illinois’ timeframe is two years from the date of an accident for injury claims and five years from the time of a crash for personal property damage claims. Beyond this, victims forfeit their right to compensation, regardless of the severity of damages.
Consult Our Traffic Accident Lawyers in Johnson County, IL, Today
If another driver’s negligence has left you struggling with medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, or other damages, you need to consult our Traffic Accident Lawyers in Johnson County, IL. Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. has fought for the rights of Southern IL residents for over 68 years and has recovered damages for countless traffic accident claims in Johnson County, IL. If you are looking for a Traffic Accident Lawyer in Johnson County, IL, to represent your case, call (618) 244-5335 (Mt. Vernon), (217) 240-5661 (Effingham), or contact Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. today for a free personalized consultation.