Traffic Accident Lawyer, Dix, IL
In 2018 alone, there were 319,146 crashes in IL involving motor vehicles. Accidents can occur anywhere, at any time, to anyone. If you were the victim of a traffic accident, our Traffic Accident Lawyers in Dix, IL, can help. For nearly seven decades, our IL Traffic Accident Firm has recovered compensation, including medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, and property damage, for the injury claims of Dix residents. Our Traffic Accident Lawyers in Dix, IL, understand the toll that traffic accidents can have on victims and are committed to taking care of you and your family during this difficult time. For a free case review, call (618) 244-5335 (Mt. Vernon) or (217) 240-5661 (Effingham).
Causes of Traffic Accidents
There are countless ways that an accident can happen, but the most common types of crashes include head-on collisions, rollover accidents, and sideswipe collisions. These types of accidents can cause catastrophic injuries such as traumatic brain and neck injuries, which can significantly affect a person’s overall quality of life.
Every traffic accident is different, but the 5 most common causes reported in traffic accident claims in Dix incude the following:
- Distracted Driving – taking your eyes off the road, even for a second, can have fatal consequences. The most common cause of fatal traffic accidents in IL is driving while distracted, which includes texting and driving, talking on the phone, using a GPS, etc.
- Speeding – driving over the speed limit reduces a driver’s reaction time and makes it nearly impossible to avoid unexpected objects in the road and traffic stalls
- Driving Under the Influence – drugs and alcohol can impair a person’s senses, including coordination, vision, and judgment, behind the wheel
- Bad Weather – bad weather can reduce tire traction which can cause a vehicle to swerve and spin out of control unless a driver takes proper precautions, such as maintaining their vehicle and knowing how to handle their vehicle in bad weather conditions
- Unskilled Driving – young drivers and inexperienced truck drivers are the two most common causes of unskilled driving accidents in IL
Traffic accidents can be traumatic, and it can be difficult to determine what your next steps should be, especially if severe injuries are involved. After an accident, you need to get immediate medical treatment and speak with a Traffic Accident Lawyer in Dix, IL, about the accident.
What to Do After a Traffic Accident
There are 3,287 fatal traffic accidents in the U.S. every day. After a motor vehicle accident, it’s crucial to get examined by a doctor, gather evidence, and have an experienced attorney represent your case. If injuries from the accident go undocumented, this could result in a reduced settlement, as the most valuable types of evidence from a crash include injuries, property damage, witness accounts, and the police report. After an accident, your attorney will use this information against the other party when defending your Dix traffic accident claim against the negligent party’s insurance company.
Most injury claims, with substantial evidence, proof of injuries, and aggressive legal representation can recover at least a portion of damages from an accident if filed within Illinois’ statute of limitations. Illinois’ timeframe is two years from the date of an accident for injury claims and five years from the time of a crash for personal property damage claims. Beyond this, victims risk losing their right to recover damages attributed to the accident.
Consult Our Traffic Accident Lawyers in Dix, IL, Today
No one should have to suffer harm or losses because of another driver’s negligence, but if it does happen, our IL Traffic Accident Lawyers are here to help. Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. has fought for the rights of Southern IL residents for nearly seven decades and has recovered damages for countless traffic accident claims in Dix, IL. If you are looking for a Traffic Accident Lawyer in Dix, IL, to represent your case, call (618) 244-5335 (Mt. Vernon), (217) 240-5661 (Effingham), or contact Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. today for a free personalized consultation.