Traffic Accident Lawyer, Hoyleton, IL
Thousands of traffic accidents occur in IL every year. Accoridng to the Illinois Department of Transportation, there were 319,146 crashes in 2018 alone. Motor vehicle crashes can happen anywhere, at any time, to anyone. If you were the victim of a traffic accident, our Traffic Accident Lawyers in Hoyleton, IL, can help. For over 68 years, our IL Traffic Accident Firm has recovered damages for the injury claims of Hoyleton residents. Our Traffic Accident Lawyers in Hoyleton, IL, understand the toll that traffic accidents can have on victims and promise to take care of you and your loved ones during this difficult time. For a free case review, call (618) 244-5335 (Mt. Vernon) or (217) 240-5661 (Effingham).
Causes of Traffic Accidents
There are countless ways that an accident can happen, but the most common types of crashes include head-on collisions, rollover accidents, and sideswipe collisions. These types of accidents can cause severe injuries such as traumatic brain and neck injuries, which can significantly affect a person’s overall quality of life.
Every traffic accident is different, but the 5 most common causes of traffic accidents include:
- Distracted Driving – taking your eyes off the road, even for a second, can have fatal consequences. The most common cause of fatal traffic accidents in IL is distracted driving
- Speeding – speeding reduces a driver’s reaction time and makes it difficult to avoid unexpected objects in the road and traffic stalls
- Driving Under the Influence – drugs and alcohol can impair a person’s senses, including coordination, vision, and judgment, behind the wheel
- Bad Weather – snow, ice, and heavy rain reduce tire traction which can cause a vehicle to swerve and spin out of control unless a driver takes proper precautions, such as maintaining their vehicle and knowing how to handle their vehicle in bad weather conditions
- Unskilled Driving – Drivers under the age of 18 and inexperienced CDL drivers are the two most common causes of unskilled driving accidents in IL
Traffic accidents can be traumatic, and it can be challenging to determine what your next steps should be, especially if severe injuries are involved. After a traffic accident, the most essential thing you need to do is get immediate medical treatment and speak with a Traffic Accident Lawyer in Hoyleton, IL, about the accident.
What to Do After a Traffic Accident
There are 3,287 fatal traffic accidents in the U.S. every day. After a motor vehicle accident, it’s important to get examined by a doctor, gather evidence, and have an experienced attorney assess your case. If injuries from the accident go undocumented, this could result in a reduced settlement, as the most valuable types of evidence from a crash include injuries, property damage, witness accounts, and the police report. After an accident, your attorney will use this information against the other party when defending your Hoyleton traffic accident claim against the negligent party’s insurance company.
Most injury claims, with substantial evidence, proof of injuries, and aggressive legal representation can recover at least a portion of damages from an accident if filed within Illinois’ statute of limitations. Illinois’ timeframe is two years from the date of an accident for injury claims and five years from the time of a crash for personal property damage claims. Beyond this, victims risk losing their right to recover damages attributed to the accident.
Consult Our Traffic Accident Lawyers in Hoyleton, IL, Today
If another driver’s negligence has left you struggling with medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, or other damages, you need to consult our Traffic Accident Lawyers in Hoyleton, IL. Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. has fought for the rights of Southern IL residents for nearly seven decades and has recovered compensation for countless traffic claims in Hoyleton. If you are looking for a Traffic Accident Lawyer in Hoyleton, IL, to represent your case, call (618) 244-5335 (Mt. Vernon), (217) 240-5661 (Effingham), or contact Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. today for a free personalized consultation.