Traffic Accident Lawyer, Flora, IL
Thousands of traffic accidents occur in IL every year. Accoridng to the Illinois Department of Transportation, there were 319,146 crashes in 2018 alone. Motor vehicle crashes can happen anywhere, at any time, to anyone. If you were injured in a traffic accident, our Traffic Accident Lawyers in Flora, IL, can help. For over 68 years, our IL Traffic Accident Firm has recovered damages for the cases of Flora residents. Our Traffic Accident Lawyers in Flora, IL, understand the toll that traffic accidents can have on victims and promise to take care of you and your family during this difficult time. For a free case review, call (618) 244-5335 (Mt. Vernon) or (217) 240-5661 (Effingham).
Causes of Traffic Accidents
There are countless ways that an accident can happen, but the most common types of crashes include head-on collisions, rollover accidents, and sideswipe collisions. These types of accidents can cause severe injuries such as traumatic brain and back injuries, which can significantly impact a person’s overall quality of life.
Every case is different, but the 5 most common causes of traffic accidents include:
- Distracted Driving – taking your eyes off the road, even for a second, can have fatal consequences. The most common cause of fatal traffic accidents in IL is driving while distracted, which includes texting and driving, talking on the phone, using a GPS, etc.
- Speeding – driving over the speed limit reduces a driver’s reaction time and makes it nearly impossible to avoid unexpected objects in the road and traffic stalls
- Driving Under the Influence – drugs and alcohol can impair a person’s senses, including coordination, vision, and judgment, behind the wheel
- Bad Weather – bad weather can reduce tire traction which can cause a vehicle to swerve and spin out of control unless a driver takes proper precautions, such as maintaining their vehicle and knowing how to handle their vehicle in bad weather conditions
- Unskilled Driving – Drivers under the age of 18 and inexperienced CDL drivers are the top causes of unskilled driving accidents in IL
Traffic accidents are difficult to deal with, and it can be difficult to determine what your next steps should be, especially if severe injuries are involved. After an accident, the most essential thing you need to do is get immediate medical treatment and speak with a Traffic Accident Lawyer in Flora, IL, about the accident.
What to Do After a Traffic Accident
Every day, hundreds of people are injured in car crashes, truck accidents, motorcycle collisions, and other types of traffic accidents in the U.S. After a motor vehicle accident, it’s important to seek medical attention, gather evidence, and have an experienced attorney assess your case. If injuries from the accident go undocumented, this could result in a reduced settlement, as the most valuable types of evidence from a crash include injuries, property damage, witness accounts, and the police report. After an accident, your attorney will use this information to prove the other party’s fault, develop a strong Flora traffic accident claim, and when defending against the negligent party’s insurance company.
Most injury claims, with substantial evidence, proof of injuries, and aggressive legal representation can receive at least a portion of damages from an accident if filed within Illinois’ statute of limitations. Illinois’ timeframe is two years from the date of an accident for injury claims and five years from the time of a crash for personal property damage claims. Beyond this, victims forfeit their right to compensation, regardless of the severity of damages.
Consult Our Traffic Accident Lawyers in Flora, IL, Today
No one should have to suffer harm or losses because of another driver’s negligence, but if it does happen, our IL Traffic Accident Lawyers are here to help. Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. has fought for the rights of Southern IL residents for over 68 years and has recovered compensation for countless traffic claims in Flora. If you are looking for a Traffic Accident Lawyer in Flora, IL, to represent your case, call (618) 244-5335 (Mt. Vernon), (217) 240-5661 (Effingham), or contact Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. today for a free personalized consultation.