Traffic Accident Lawyer, Saline County, IL
In 2018 alone, there were 319,146 crashes in IL involving motor vehicles. Motor vehicle crashes can happen anywhere, at any time, to anyone. If you were injured in a traffic accident, our Traffic Accident Lawyers in Saline County, IL, can help. For over 68 years, our IL Traffic Accident Firm has recovered damages for the injury claims of Saline County residents. Our Traffic Accident Lawyers in Saline County, IL, know the toll that traffic accidents can have on a person and promise to take care of you and your loved ones during this difficult time. For a free case review, call (618) 244-5335 (Mt. Vernon) or (217) 240-5661 (Effingham).
Causes of Traffic Accidents
Accidents occur for many different reasons, but the majority of accidents are attributed to human error and are typically preventable. The most common types of accidents include head-on collisions, rollover accidents, and sideswipe collisions. These types of accidents can cause severe injuries such as traumatic brain and back injuries, which can significantly affect a person’s overall quality of life.
Every traffic accident is different, but the 5 most common causes reported in traffic accident claims in Saline County incude the following:
- Distracted Driving – taking your eyes off the road, even for a second, can have fatal consequences. The most common cause of fatal traffic accidents in IL is distracted driving
- Speeding – driving over the speed limit reduces a driver’s reaction time and makes it nearly impossible to avoid unexpected objects in the road and traffic stalls
- Driving Under the Influence – drugs and alcohol can impair a person’s senses, including coordination, vision, and judgment, behind the wheel
- Bad Weather – bad weather can reduce tire traction which can cause a vehicle to swerve and spin out of control unless a driver takes proper precautions, such as maintaining their vehicle and knowing how to handle their vehicle in bad weather conditions
- Unskilled Driving – young drivers and inexperienced truck drivers are the top causes of unskilled driving accidents in IL
Traffic accidents can be traumatic, and it can be challenging to determine what your next steps should be, especially if severe injuries are involved. After a traffic accident, you need to get immediate medical treatment and speak with a Traffic Accident Lawyer in Saline County, IL, about the accident.
What to Do After a Traffic Accident
Every day, hundreds of people are injured in car crashes, truck accidents, motorcycle collisions, and other types of traffic accidents in the U.S. After a motor vehicle accident, it’s important to get examined by a doctor, gather evidence, and have an experienced attorney assess your case. If injuries from the accident go undocumented, this could lower the amount of damages you are eligible to recover, as the most valuable types of evidence from a crash include injuries, property damage, witness accounts, and the police report. After an accident, your attorney will use this information against the other party when defending your Saline County traffic accident claim against the negligent party’s insurance company.
Most injury claims, with substantial evidence, documentation of injuries, and aggressive legal representation can recover at least a portion of damages from an accident if filed within Illinois’ statute of limitations. Illinois’ timeframe is two years from the date of an accident for injury claims and five years from the time of a crash for personal property damage claims. Beyond this, victims forfeit their right to compensation, regardless of the severity of damages.
Consult Our Traffic Accident Lawyers in Saline County, IL, Today
No one should have to suffer harm or losses because of another driver’s negligence, but if it does happen, our IL Traffic Accident Lawyers are here to help. Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. has defended the cases of Southern IL residents for over 68 years and has recovered damages for countless traffic accident claims in Saline County, IL. If you are looking for a Traffic Accident Lawyer in Saline County, IL, to represent your case, call (618) 244-5335 (Mt. Vernon), (217) 240-5661 (Effingham), or contact Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. today for a free personalized consultation.