Traffic Accident Lawyer, Fayette County, IL
In 2018 alone, there were 319,146 crashes in IL involving motor vehicles. Motor vehicle crashes can occur anywhere, at any time, to anyone. If you were the victim of a traffic accident, our Traffic Accident Lawyers in Fayette County, IL, can help. For over 68 years, our IL Traffic Accident Firm has recovered compensation, including medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, and property damage, for the injury claims of Fayette County residents. Our Traffic Accident Lawyers in Fayette County, IL, know the toll that crashes can have on victims and are committed to taking care of you and your family during this difficult time. For a personalized, no-risk consultation, call (618) 244-5335 (Mt. Vernon) or (217) 240-5661 (Effingham).
Causes of Traffic Accidents
Accidents occur for many different reasons, but the majority of accidents are attributed to human error and are typically preventable. The most common types of accidents include head-on collisions, rollover accidents, and sideswipe collisions. These types of accidents can cause severe injuries such as traumatic brain and back injuries, which can significantly affect a person’s overall quality of life.
Every case is different, but the 5 most common causes reported in traffic accident claims in Fayette County incude the following:
- Distracted Driving – taking your eyes off the road, even for a second, can have fatal consequences. The most common cause of fatal traffic accidents in IL is driving while distracted, which includes texting and driving, talking on the phone, using a GPS, etc.
- Speeding – driving over the speed limit reduces a driver’s reaction time and makes it nearly impossible to avoid unexpected objects in the road and traffic stalls
- Driving Under the Influence – drugs and alcohol can impair a person’s senses, including coordination, vision, and judgment, behind the wheel
- Bad Weather – snow, ice, and heavy rain reduce tire traction which can cause a vehicle to swerve and spin out of control unless a driver takes proper precautions, such as maintaining their vehicle and knowing how to handle their vehicle in bad weather conditions
- Unskilled Driving – Drivers under the age of 18 and inexperienced CDL drivers are the two most common causes of unskilled driving accidents in IL
Traffic accidents are difficult to deal with, and it can be difficult to determine what your next steps should be, especially if severe injuries are involved. After an accident, the most essential thing you need to do is get immediate medical treatment and speak with a Traffic Accident Lawyer in Fayette County, IL, about the accident.
What to Do After a Traffic Accident
There are 3,287 fatal traffic accidents in the U.S. every day. After a crash, it’s important to get examined by a doctor, gather evidence, and have an experienced attorney assess your case. If injuries from the accident go undocumented, this could result in a reduced settlement, as the most valuable types of evidence from a crash include injuries, property damage, witness accounts, and the police report. After an accident, your attorney will use this information to prove the other party’s fault, develop a strong Fayette County traffic accident claim, and when defending against the negligent party’s insurance company.
Most injury claims, with substantial evidence, proof of injuries, and aggressive legal representation can receive at least a portion of damages from an accident if filed within Illinois’ statute of limitations. Illinois’ timeframe is two years from the date of an accident for injury claims and five years from the time of a crash for personal property damage claims. Beyond this, victims forfeit their right to compensation, regardless of the severity of damages.
Consult Our Traffic Accident Lawyers in Fayette County, IL, Today
No one should have to suffer harm or losses because of another driver’s negligence, but if it does happen, our IL Traffic Accident Lawyers are here to help. Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. has fought for the rights of Southern IL residents for over 68 years and has recovered compensation for countless traffic claims in Fayette County. If you are looking for a Traffic Accident Lawyer in Fayette County, IL, to represent your case, call (618) 244-5335 (Mt. Vernon), (217) 240-5661 (Effingham), or contact Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. today for a free personalized consultation.