Traffic Accident Lawyer, Grayville, IL
In 2018 alone, there were 319,146 crashes in IL involving motor vehicles. Accidents can occur anywhere, at any time, to anyone. If you were the victim of a traffic accident, our Traffic Accident Lawyers in Grayville, IL, can help. For nearly seven decades, our IL Traffic Accident Firm has recovered damages for the cases of Grayville residents. Our Traffic Accident Lawyers in Grayville, IL, know the toll that crashes can have on victims and are committed to taking care of you and your family during this difficult time. For a personalized, no-risk consultation, call (618) 244-5335 (Mt. Vernon) or (217) 240-5661 (Effingham).
Causes of Traffic Accidents
Accidents occur for many different reasons, but the majority of accidents are attributed to human error and are typically preventable. The most common types of accidents include head-on collisions, rollover accidents, and sideswipe collisions. These types of accidents can cause severe injuries such as traumatic brain and neck injuries, which can significantly affect a person’s overall quality of life.
Every case is different, but the 5 most common causes reported in traffic accident claims in Grayville incude the following:
- Distracted Driving – taking your eyes off the road, even for a second, can have fatal consequences. The most common cause of fatal traffic accidents in IL is driving while distracted, which includes texting and driving, talking on the phone, using a GPS, etc.
- Speeding – driving over the speed limit reduces a driver’s reaction time and makes it difficult to avoid unexpected objects in the road and traffic stalls
- Driving Under the Influence – drugs and alcohol can impair a person’s senses, including coordination, vision, and judgment, behind the wheel
- Bad Weather – snow, ice, and heavy rain reduce tire traction which can cause a vehicle to swerve and spin out of control unless a driver takes proper precautions, such as maintaining their vehicle and knowing how to handle their vehicle in bad weather conditions
- Unskilled Driving – young drivers and inexperienced truck drivers are the top causes of unskilled driving accidents in IL
Traffic accidents can be traumatic, and it can be difficult to determine what your next steps should be, especially if severe injuries are involved. After an accident, you need to get immediate medical treatment and speak with a Traffic Accident Lawyer in Grayville, IL, about the accident.
What to Do After a Traffic Accident
There are 3,287 fatal traffic accidents in the U.S. every day. After a crash, it’s crucial to seek medical attention, gather evidence, and have an experienced attorney represent your case. If injuries from the accident go undocumented, this could result in a reduced settlement, as the most valuable types of evidence from a crash include injuries, property damage, witness accounts, and the police report. After an accident, your attorney will use this information against the other party when defending your Grayville traffic accident claim against the negligent party’s insurance company.
Most injury claims, with substantial evidence, documentation of injuries, and aggressive legal representation can recover at least a portion of damages from an accident if filed within Illinois’ statute of limitations. Illinois’ timeframe is two years from the date of an accident for injury claims and five years from the time of a crash for personal property damage claims. Beyond this, victims forfeit their right to compensation, regardless of the severity of damages.
Consult Our Traffic Accident Lawyers in Grayville, IL, Today
If another driver’s negligence has left you struggling with medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, or other damages, you need to consult our Traffic Accident Lawyers in Grayville, IL. Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. has fought for the rights of Southern IL residents for nearly seven decades and has recovered damages for countless traffic accident claims in Grayville, IL. If you are looking for a Traffic Accident Lawyer in Grayville, IL, to represent your case, call (618) 244-5335 (Mt. Vernon), (217) 240-5661 (Effingham), or contact Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C. today for a free personalized consultation.