Nursing Home Negligence Carlyle, IL
Approximately 2.5 million older adults are exposed to nursing home negligence in America each year. There are a variety of ways that nursing home negligence can present itself, but it is generally physical, financial, emotional or general neglect. If you find that your family member is suffering from nursing home negligence in Carlyle, IL, the smartest thing that can be done is to speak to our experienced lawyers as soon as possible so that our lawyers can handle the situation. Our lawyers are skilled in all topics affiliated with personal injury and will make it their priority to make certain that you and your neglected loved one are safe and protected when exposing nursing home negligence in Carlyle, IL.
What is Considered Nursing Home Negligence? Carlyle, IL
Nursing home negligence when a staff member at a nursing home ignores their patients’ level of care and does not go about their job at the level that they are required to. There are a variety of ways that nursing home negligence can occur including physical, financial, emotional, sexual, general neglect and more. Nursing home negligence can put your older family member at extreme risk, so if you think that nursing home negligence is going on in your loved ones’ nursing home, it is essential to act quickly and seek legal counsel. Nursing home caregivers are expected to offer a certain level of care under state law. If this standard of care isn’t given, negligent caretakers can face severe consequences including being sued for damages, facing steep fines and fees, losing their job, potential jail time and more depending on circumstances.
Common Types of Nursing Home Negligence Carlyle, IL
It can be hard to second-guess your family member’s level of care in their nursing home, but it is important to check in on them and make sure that you understand the signs of potential nursing home negligence. Nursing home negligence can manifest in a variety of ways, but some of the most common examples of nursing home negligence in Carlyle, IL, include:
- Mental distress- if your loved one is unnaturally quiet or something has jarringly changed about their personality, this could be the result of nursing home negligence
- Medical mistreatment – it is the responsibility of nursing home staff to properly dispense nursing home residents their medication. If your loved one hasn’t been given their medication or has been given inaccurate amounts of their medication, this can be due to nursing home negligence
- Not obeying medical commands – examples include: sleeping guard rails locked into place so they won’t fall out of bed, a patient is ordered to use a support device while walking, strict diet rules and more. If medical personnel has stated explicit rules for your family members’ treatment and they aren’t being heeded to, this can be considered nursing home negligence
- Decubitus ulcers – also known as pressure ulcers. If a patient is advised to stay in bed, nursing home staff is in charge of regularly examine them to avoid ulcers or bedsores. If a bedridden patient is not examined regularly and bedsores form, this is a sign that nursing home negligence could be happening
- Failing to make the nursing home safe and hazard-free – nursing homes must be certain that the facility that your loved one is a resident at is safe and that their staff is doing everything in their power to ensure that your family member is safe from all hazards at the nursing home
- Neglect of simple hygiene – cleaning, brushing teeth, showering and other hygienic practices
- Neglect of basic needs- such as sustenance, water, or offering a safe and clean environment
It might seem as though you and your family are battling against something that is uncontrollable, but our nursing home negligence lawyers are available to offer legal guidance during this hard time. Our attorneys will ensure that your loved one is secure and protected, that you know the various steps throughout the process, which damages you can seek and the paths that are available for your family’s nursing home negligence claim in Carlyle, IL. It already isn’t an easy choice to place your family member in a nursing home, much less have them suffer from nursing home negligence. Our nursing home negligence lawyers are ready to help and ensure that holding the negligent nursing home liable for nursing home negligence is as painless and stress-free as possible. If your family has any worries at all while going through the process, our attorneys are ready 24/7 to help answer them.
Nursing Home Negligence Laws Carlyle, IL
The legal definition of standard of care is defined as the level of care that an everyday, relatively prudent person would provide. If your family member is placed in a nursing home, their basic needs like regular food and water, upkeep on personal hygiene, communication needs and other fundamental needs should be cared for. If this level of care isn’t met, this could possibly be an indication of nursing home negligence in Carlyle, IL. Our nursing home negligence lawyers are ready to assist those in Carlyle with their negligence claims and make sure that our clients will receive the maximum amount of compensation their case is eligible to recover for their pain and suffering. Some of the more common types of damages that are available to be recovered with an impactful nursing home negligence claim in Carlyle, IL, include:
- Medical costs – when a resident of a nursing home is neglected and develops an illnesses because of nursing home negligence, any medication costs, medical fees, ambulance costs, physical or mental therapy, and costs for required medical items can be claimed
- Mental and physical distress – if a nursing home resident is acting different than usual, is suddenly depressed, anxious, or is injured either physically or mentally, pain and suffering damages may be recovered
- Disfigurement – if a nursing home resident suffers scars, hair loss, burns, amputation or other injuries that affect their appearance, a claim can be made for these injuries if a nursing home employee is found at-fault
- Future expenses – if an injured nursing home patient is deemed by a doctor to be permanently disabled or disfigured in some way, future medical expenses can be reclaimed with a legitimate nursing home negligence claim. Physical therapy costs, expenses associated with a patient’s medication, and hospital appointments have a tendency to buildup over time, so our attorneys will assist you and you loved one with recovering monetary damages for future expenses
- Unable to enjoy favorite past times – if a nursing home patient is no longer able to partake in past times that they previously enjoyed like watching after their grandchildren, speaking with others, hiking and other past times because of injuries caused by nursing home negligence, many states will award damages for this type of claim
Protecting Your Loved Ones from Nursing Home Negligence Carlyle, IL
It is important to be aware of how to find the signs of nursing home negligence in your elderly loved one. If your elderly family member is suddenly acting strange or feeling odd, staff at their nursing home might be harming them. Nursing home negligence can occur in a number of ways, but is generally emotionally, physically and financially present. Signs of emotional harm or social negligence include acting jumpy, heightened levels of anxiety or fright, and communicating less or not at all. If you find bruises, cuts, scrapes or other physical injuries on your loved one’s body, this could be caused by physical abuse. It is vital to form an open line of communication with your loved one who lives in a nursing home. Talking openly about things such as finances, what to do if someone they don’t know enters their room or what they can do if they aren’t being given regular food, water, medication, personal hygiene care and more can help keep your family member from nursing home negligence in Carlyle, IL.
Nursing Home Negligence Lawyers in Carlyle, IL
Our nursing home negligence lawyers in Carlyle, IL, are knowledgeable in all areas of personal injury. If your family member has been harmed or neglected by their caretaker or nursing home employees, our attorneys are available to help you fight against the facility and ensure that your loved one is safe and sound. Nursing home negligence is especially cruel, as the main goal of nursing home caregivers should be to preserve the honor, self-esteem and respect of your family member, not act cruelly and neglect them. Our nursing home negligence lawyers are available to help you fight against this, so if you are worried that your family member is experiencing nursing home negligence, don’t hesitate to contact our lawyers. While not everyone is able to recover compensation, most cases are. Consultations are free and our attorneys are willing to meet in a place that works best for you. Our lawyers will do everything to fight for your family member’s case and make sure that they’ll receive the highest amount of damages and recoveries for their pain and suffering. To speak with our nursing home negligence lawyers about how our nursing home negligence attorneys can help you and your elderly family member put an end to your love one’s nursing home negligence in Carlyle, IL, contact the nursing home negligence attorneys of Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C., today.