Nursing Home Negligence Worden, IL
Approximately 2.5 million senior citizens are subjected to nursing home negligence in the United States every year. There are many different ways that nursing home negligence can present itself, but it is generally physical, financial, emotional or general neglect. If you think that your loved one is experiencing nursing home negligence in Worden, IL, the safest thing that can be done is to call our experienced lawyers quickly so that they can take care of the situation. Our lawyers are knowledgeable in all areas affiliated with personal injury and will ensure that you and your neglected loved one are secure and protected when facing nursing home negligence in Worden, IL.
What is Considered Nursing Home Negligence? Worden, IL
Nursing home negligence occurs when a caretaker at a nursing home ignores their patients’ level of care and does not perform their job at the level that they are expected to. There are various ways that nursing home negligence can happen including physical, financial, emotional, sexual, general neglect and more. Nursing home negligence can put your elderly family member at serious risk, so if you suspect that nursing home negligence is happening in your loved ones’ nursing home, it is vital to act quickly and procure legal counsel. Nursing home employees are required to offer a certain standard of care under state law. If this standard of care isn’t given, negligent nursing home staff can face severe consequences including being sued for damages, facing steep fines and fees, losing their job, potential jail time and more depending on circumstances.
Common Types of Nursing Home Negligence Worden, IL
It can be tough to second-guess your family member’s level of care in their nursing home, but it is important to keep an eye on them and be sure that you understand the symptoms of possible nursing home negligence. Nursing home negligence can present itself many different ways, but the most common examples of nursing home negligence in Worden, IL, include:
- Psychological distress- if your family member is unusually quiet or an element has changed about their personality, this could be the result of nursing home negligence
- Failure to provide accurate medication – it is the responsibility of nursing home employees to accurately give nursing home residents their medication. If your family member hasn’t been given their medicine or has been given incorrect dosages of their medication, this might be because of nursing home negligence
- Not obeying medical orders – examples include: safety guard rails locked into place so a resident doesn’t fall out of bed, a patient is ordered to have a support device while walking, dietary restrictions and more. If a physician has given explicit orders for your loved ones’ treatment and they aren’t being followed, this is likely nursing home negligence
- Decubitus ulcers – also known as bedsores. If your loved one is ordered to stay in bed, a caregiver is expected to check in on them often to prevent ulcers or bedsores. If a bedridden patient is not looked after often and bedsores are present, this is a sign that nursing home negligence is at play
- Failure to keep the premises safe and non-hazardous – nursing homes must be certain that the facility that your loved one is a patient at is safe and that their staff is doing everything that they can to keep your family member safe from potential hazards at the nursing home
- Neglect of simple hygiene – cleaning, brushing teeth, showering and other self-care practices
- Neglect of basic needs- such as meals, water, or providing a safe and clean environment
You may think that you and your family member are fighting against something way over your head, but our nursing home negligence attorneys are ready to guide you and your loved one during this hard time. Our lawyers will make sure that your family member is safe and protected, that you understand every step of the process, what type of damages can be sought and the paths that are available for your family’s nursing home negligence case in Worden, IL. It isn’t always an easy choice to have your elderly loved one placed in a nursing home, much less have them subjected to nursing home negligence. Our personal injury attorneys are ready to help and put their all into making sure that fighting against the negligent nursing home is as easy and stress-less as possible. If you and your elderly loved one have any questions at all throughout the process, our attorneys are available 24/7 to address them.
Nursing Home Negligence Laws Worden, IL
The formal definition of standard of care is defined as the standard of care that a, relatively prudent person would provide. If your family member is put into a nursing home, their fundamental needs like regular food and water, taking care of personal hygiene, communication needs and other fundamental needs should be met at minimum. If this standard of care is not performed, this might be caused by nursing home negligence in Worden, IL. Our nursing home negligence lawyers are here to help those in Worden with their negligence cases and make sure that they will receive the most in compensation for their pain and suffering. Some of the more common types of damages that can be recovered with a legitimate nursing home negligence claim in Worden, IL, include:
- Medical costs – if your loved one is neglected and gets sick because of nursing home negligence, any prescription costs, medical fees, ambulance bills, physical or cognitive therapy, and money spent on required medical accessories can be recovered
- Pain and suffering – if an elderly patient in a nursing home is acting different than usual, is unnaturally sad, jumpy, or is injured either physically or mentally, pain and suffering damages may be recovered
- Disfigurement – if a nursing home resident suffers scars, hair loss, burns, amputation or other injuries that alter their appearance, monetary damages can be sought for these injuries if a nursing home employee is found at-fault
- Future expenses – if an elderly nursing home patient is diagnosed by a doctor as permanently disabled or disfigured in some way, future medical expenses can be recovered with a valid nursing home negligence claim. Physical therapy costs, costs associated with a resident’s medication, and hospital visits cab start to rack up over time, so our lawyers will help you recover monetary damages for future expenses
- Unable to enjoy favorite past times – if a nursing home patient is unable to enjoy activities that they used to enjoy such as watching after their grandchildren, speaking with other people, walking and other activities because of injuries caused by nursing home negligence, most states allow for recovery for this damage
Protecting Your Loved Ones from Nursing Home Negligence Worden, IL
It is critical to learn how to spot the signs of neglect in your loved one. If your elderly family member is suddenly acting different or feeling odd, someone at their nursing home might be hurting them. Nursing home negligence can happen in a number of ways, but is most often emotionally, physically and financially present. Signs of emotional harm or social negligence include acting jumpy, increased levels of anxiety or fright, and talking less than usual. If you spot bruises, cuts, scrapes or other physical marks on your loved one’s body, this could be caused by nursing home negligence. It is essential to establish an open line of communication with family member that lives in a nursing home. Talking openly about topics such as financial matters, what to do when someone inappropriately enters their room or what they should do if they don’t have access to regular food, water, medication, personal hygiene assistance and more can help keep your family member from nursing home negligence in Worden, IL.
Nursing Home Negligence Lawyers in Worden, IL
Our nursing home negligence attorneys in Worden, IL, are well-versed in all areas of personal injury. If your loved one has been harmed or neglected by their caregiver or nursing home employees, our attorneys can help you take action against the facility and ensure that your family member is safe and sound. Nursing home negligence is particularly cruel, as the main goal of nursing home employees should be to preserve the honor, confidence and willpower of patients, not knock them down and neglect them. Our nursing home negligence lawyers won’t stand for that, so if you are worried that your family member is experiencing nursing home negligence, don’t delay in contacting our attorneys. While not everyone is eligible to receive damages, most cases are. Consultations are free and our lawyers are open to meet in a location that works best for you. Our attorneys will put their all into fighting for your loved one’s case and ensure that they’ll receive the most in damages and recoveries for their pain and suffering. For more information on how our nursing home negligence attorneys can help your family fight against nursing home negligence in Worden, IL, contact the nursing home negligence attorneys of Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C., today.