Nursing Home Negligence Mill Shoals, IL
Roughly 2.5 million elderly adults are subjected to nursing home negligence in America every year. There are various ways that nursing home negligence can present itself, but it is typically physical, financial, emotional or general neglect. If you suspect that your family member is experiencing nursing home negligence in Mill Shoals, IL, the safest thing that can be done is to speak to our experienced attorneys immediately so that our attorneys can take care of the situation. Our lawyers are knowledgeable in all areas affiliated with personal injury and will ensure that you and your neglected family member are secure and protected when exposing nursing home negligence in Mill Shoals, IL.
What is Considered Nursing Home Negligence? Mill Shoals, IL
Nursing home negligence happens when a staff member at a nursing home doesn’t pay attention to their patients’ level of care and does not go about their job at the level that they should. There are a variety of ways that nursing home negligence can happen including physical, financial, emotional, sexual, general neglect and more. Nursing home negligence can put your elderly family member at extreme risk, so if you think that nursing home negligence is happening in your loved ones’ nursing home, it is essential to act quickly and seek legal counsel. Nursing home caretakers are expected to give a certain level of care under state law. If this standard of care isn’t provided, negligent nursing home staff can face severe consequences including being sued for damages, facing steep fines and fees, losing their job, potential jail time and more depending on circumstances.
Common Types of Nursing Home Negligence Mill Shoals, IL
It can be tough to second-guess your family member’s level of care in their nursing home, but it must be done in order to look after them and be sure that you know the symptoms of potential nursing home negligence. Nursing home negligence can present itself many different ways, but the most common examples of nursing home negligence in Mill Shoals, IL, include:
- Psychological distress- if your loved one is unnaturally quiet or something has jarringly changed about their personality, this could be the result of nursing home negligence
- Failure to provide accurate medication – it is the responsibility of nursing home employees to properly dispense nursing home patients their medication. If your loved one hasn’t been taking their medication or has been given inaccurate dosages of their medication, this can be due to nursing home negligence
- Not following physicians’ commands – examples include: bed guard rails locked into place so the patient won’t fall out of bed, a patient is recommended to use a cane while mobile, strict diet rules and more. If a doctor has stated explicit rules for your family members’ care and they aren’t being heeded to, this is considered nursing home negligence
- Decubitus ulcers – also known as pressure sores. If your family member is ordered to stay in bed, their caregiver is in charge of check in on them often to prevent ulcers or bedsores. If a bedridden patient is not inspected regularly and pressure ulcers form, this is a symptom that nursing home negligence could possibly be happening
- Failure to keep the facility safe and non-hazardous – nursing homes must be certain that the facility that your loved one is a patient at is safe and that their staff is doing everything that they can to ensure that your family member is safe from possible hazards at the nursing home
- Neglect of simple hygiene – cleaning, brushing teeth, bathing and other hygienic practices
- Neglect of core needs- such as meals, water, or offering a safe and hazard-free environment
It may feel as though you and your family member are fighting against something that is out of your control, but our nursing home negligence lawyers are here to guide you and your loved one during this emotionally trying time. Our nursing home negligence lawyers will ensure that your family member is safe and protected, that you understand every step of the process, what type of damages can be sought and the options that are available to your loved one’s nursing home negligence case in Mill Shoals, IL. It isn’t always an easy decision to move your loved one into a nursing home, much less have them suffer from nursing home negligence. Our personal injury lawyers are available to help and make sure that holding the negligent nursing home liable for nursing home negligence is as painless and stress-less as possible. If you have any questions at all while going through the process, our attorneys are ready 24/7 to address them.
Nursing Home Negligence Laws Mill Shoals, IL
The medical definition of standard of care is defined as the standard of care that a, relatively prudent person would provide. If your family member is put into a nursing home, their basic needs such as daily food and water, upkeep on personal hygiene, communication needs and other core basic needs should be taken care of. If this level of care isn’t given, this might be a sign of nursing home negligence in Mill Shoals, IL. Our nursing home negligence lawyers are here to help those in Mill Shoals with their negligence cases and ensure that our clients will receive the maximum amount of compensation their case is eligible to recover for their mental and physical suffering. Some of the more common types of damages that are eligible to be recovered with an impactful nursing home negligence claim in Mill Shoals, IL, include:
- Medical expenses – if a resident is neglected and becomes ill because of nursing home negligence, any medicine costs, medical costs, ambulance bills, physical or psychiatric therapy, and money spent on required medical accessories can be recovered
- Mental and physical distress – if a patient is acting strange, is unnaturally sad, frightened, or is injured either physically or mentally, pain and suffering damages may be recovered
- Disfigurement – if a nursing home resident suffers scars, hair loss, burns, amputation or other injuries that alter their appearance, monetary damages can be sought for these injuries if a nursing home employee is found at-fault
- Future expenses – if an elderly nursing home patient is deemed by a doctor to be permanently disabled or disfigured to some degree, future medical costs can be reclaimed with a valid nursing home negligence claim. Physical therapy fees, fees associated with a resident’s medication, and hospital visits can definitely add up over time, so our lawyers will assist you and you loved one with recovering monetary damages for future expenses
- Loss of enjoyment of life – if a nursing home patient is unable to partake in past times that they enjoyed prior to nursing home negligence such as watching after their grandkids, chatting with other people, going for a stroll and other past times because of injuries caused by nursing home negligence, many states allow for recovery for this damage
Protecting Your Loved Ones from Nursing Home Negligence Mill Shoals, IL
It is critical to be aware of how to find the signs of negligent care. If your elderly family member is inexplicably acting strange or feeling odd, caregivers at their nursing home could be neglecting them. Nursing home negligence can happen in many different ways, but is typically emotionally, physically and financially present. Signs of emotional injuries or social negligence include jumpiness, increased levels of anxiety or fright, and talking less than usual. If you find bruises, cuts, scrapes or other physical marks on a nursing home patient’s body, this could be a sign of nursing home negligence. It is vital to establish an open line of communication with family member that is in a nursing home. Speaking openly about things such as financial matters, what to do if someone they don’t know enters their room or what they can do if they don’t have access to regular food, water, medication, personal hygiene care and more can help keep your family member from nursing home negligence in Mill Shoals, IL.
Nursing Home Negligence Lawyers in Mill Shoals, IL
Our nursing home negligence attorneys in Mill Shoals, IL, are well-versed in all areas of personal injury. If your loved one has been harmed or neglected by their caregiver or nursing home employees, our attorneys are available to help you fight against the retirement home and make sure that your family member is safe and sound. Nursing home negligence is particularly terrible, as the main goal of nursing home caregivers should be to preserve the dignity, confidence and respect of your loved one, not be mean and neglect them. Our nursing home negligence attorneys won’t stand for that, so if you suspect that your family member is a victim of nursing home negligence, don’t delay in contacting our lawyers. While not all cases are eligible to receive damages, most claims are. Consultations are free and our lawyers are available to travel to a location that works best for you. Our attorneys will put their all into fighting for your family member’s case and make sure that they’ll receive the maximum amount of compensation for their pain and suffering. To speak with our nursing home negligence lawyers about how our nursing home negligence lawyers can help you and your loved one fight against nursing home negligence in Mill Shoals, IL, contact the nursing home negligence lawyers of Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C., today.