Nursing Home Negligence Fults, IL
Approximately 2.5 million elderly adults are subjected to nursing home negligence in the U.S. every year. There are many different ways that nursing home negligence can occur, but it is generally physical, financial, emotional or general neglect. If you think that your family member is being harmed from nursing home negligence in Fults, IL, the best thing that you can do is to contact our experienced attorneys immediately so that our lawyers can take care of the situation. Our lawyers are skilled in all areas affiliated with personal injury and will make it their priority to make certain that you and your neglected family member are safe and protected when dealing with nursing home negligence in Fults, IL.
What is Considered Nursing Home Negligence? Fults, IL
Nursing home negligence occurs when an employee at a nursing home neglects their patients’ level of care and does not perform their job at the level that they are required to. There are a variety of ways that nursing home negligence can occur including physical, financial, emotional, sexual, general neglect and more. Nursing home negligence can put your loved one at high risk, so if you think that nursing home negligence is happening in your loved ones’ nursing home, it is important to act quickly and get legal counsel. Nursing home caretakers are required to offer a certain standard of care under state law. If this standard of care isn’t given, negligent caregivers can face severe consequences including being sued for damages, facing steep fines and fees, losing their job, potential jail time and more depending on circumstances.
Common Types of Nursing Home Negligence Fults, IL
It can be tough to second-guess your family member’s level of care in their nursing home, but it must be done in order to check in on them and be sure that you understand the signs of possible nursing home negligence. Nursing home negligence can manifest in many different ways, but the most common examples of nursing home negligence in Fults, IL, include:
- Mental distress- if your family member is unusually quiet or an element has changed about their personality, this could be the result of nursing home negligence
- Failure to provide accurate medication – it is the responsibility of nursing home caretakers to properly dispense nursing home residents their medication. If your loved one hasn’t been on their medication or has been given inaccurate dosages of their medication, this could be the sign of nursing home negligence
- Not following medical requests – examples include: safety guard rails raised so a resident won’t fall out of bed, a patient is ordered to use a cane while mobile, strict diet rules and more. If a physician has stated explicit instructions for your family members’ treatment and they aren’t being heeded to, this is considered nursing home negligence
- Decubitus ulcers – also known as bedsores. If a nursing home resident is ordered to stay in bed, a caretaker is in charge of looking after them to avoid ulcers or bedsores. If a bedridden patient is not examined regularly and pressure sores develop, this is a symptom that nursing home negligence could be at play
- Failing to make the facility safe and non-hazardous – nursing homes have a duty to make sure that the facility that your loved one is a patient at is safe and that their caregivers are doing everything in their power to make sure that your family member is safe from potential hazards at the nursing home
- Neglect of simple hygiene – cleaning, brushing teeth, bathing and other self-care practices
- Neglect of fundamental needs- such as meals, water, or offering a safe and clean environment
It may feel as though you and your loved one are dealing with something that is out of your control, but our nursing home negligence attorneys are available to provide legal counsel during this hard time. Our nursing home negligence lawyers will ensure that your loved one is safe and protected, that you know the various steps throughout the process, what type of damages can be sought and the options that are available to your older family member’s nursing home negligence case in Fults, IL. It isn’t always an easy choice to have your elderly loved one placed in a nursing home, much less have them subjected to nursing home negligence. Our personal injury lawyers are here to help and ensure that filing a claim against the negligent nursing home is as painless and stress-free as possible. If your family has any concerns at all during the process, our attorneys are available 24/7 to offer guidance.
Nursing Home Negligence Laws Fults, IL
The legal definition of standard of care is defined as the standard of care that an everyday, relatively prudent person would provide. If your family member is residing in a nursing home, their basic needs like regular food and water, taking care of personal hygiene, communication needs and other fundamental needs should be cared for. If this level of care is not performed, this might be caused by nursing home negligence in Fults, IL. Our nursing home negligence attorneys are here to help those in Fults with their negligence claims and ensure that those affected by nursing home negligence can receive the most in compensation for their pain and suffering. Some of the more common types of damages that are eligible to be recovered with a legitimate nursing home negligence claim in Fults, IL, include:
- Medical costs – when a resident of a nursing home is neglected and develops an illnesses because of nursing home negligence, any prescription costs, medical bills, ambulance fees, physical or cognitive therapy, and expenses for prescribed medical items can be recovered
- Pain and suffering – if a nursing home resident is acting different than usual, is suddenly depressed, jumpy, or is injured either physically or mentally, pain and suffering damages may be recovered
- Disfigurement – if a nursing home resident suffers scars, hair loss, burns, amputation or other injuries that disfigure their appearance, damages can be recovered for these injuries if they are caused by a nursing home caregiver
- Future expenses – if an injured nursing home resident is diagnosed by a doctor as permanently disabled or disfigured to some degree, future medical expenses can be recovered with a valid nursing home negligence claim. Physical therapy costs, fees pertaining to a patient’s medication, and doctor visits cab start to rack up over time, so our lawyers will assist you and you loved one with recovering monetary damages for future expenses
- Loss of enjoyment of life – if a nursing home resident is no longer able to enjoy past times that they enjoyed prior to nursing home negligence such as playing with their grandchildren, communicating with other people, swimming and other past times because of damage caused by nursing home negligence, many states allow for recovery for this damage
Protecting Your Loved Ones from Nursing Home Negligence Fults, IL
It is important to know how to spot the signs of negligent care. If your loved one is randomly acting strange or is in pain, someone at their nursing home might be harming them. Nursing home negligence can happen in many different ways, but is most often emotionally, physically and financially present. Signs of emotional abuse or social negligence include acting jumpy, increased levels of anxiety or fright, and talking less than usual. If you see bruises, cuts, scrapes or other physical injuries on a nursing home patient’s body, this could be caused by nursing home negligence. It is vital to establish an open line of communication with your loved one who lives in a nursing home. Speaking openly about things such as finances, what to do if someone they don’t know enters their room or what they should do if they aren’t being given regular food, water, medication, personal hygiene help and more can help protect your loved one from nursing home negligence in Fults, IL.
Nursing Home Negligence Lawyers in Fults, IL
Our nursing home negligence attorneys in Fults, IL, are experienced in all areas of personal injury. If your loved one has been hurt or neglected by their caretaker or nursing home staff, our lawyers are available to help you take action against the nursing home and ensure that your loved one is safe and protected. Nursing home negligence is especially cruel, as the main goal of nursing home caregivers should be to preserve the dignity, confidence and willpower of your loved one, not act cruelly and neglect them. Our nursing home negligence lawyers are available to help you fight against this, so if you suspect that your family member is a victim of nursing home negligence, don’t delay in contacting our lawyers. While not all cases are eligible to receive compensation, most claims are. Consultations are free and our attorneys are available to meet in a location that works best for you. Our lawyers will put their all into fighting for your loved one’s case and ensure that they’ll receive the highest amount of monetary damages for their pain and suffering. To speak with our nursing home negligence lawyers about how our nursing home negligence lawyers can help you and your loved one put an end to your love one’s nursing home negligence in Fults, IL, contact the personal injury lawyers of Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C., today.