Nursing Home Negligence Russellville, IL
An estimated 2.5 million elderly adults are exposed to nursing home negligence in the United States every year. There are many different ways that nursing home negligence can happen, but it is usually physical, financial, emotional or general neglect. If you find that your loved one is being harmed from nursing home negligence in Russellville, IL, the safest thing that can be done is to contact our experienced lawyers quickly so that our attorneys can help take control of the situation. Our lawyers are skilled in all topics affiliated with personal injury and will ensure that you and your neglected loved one are safe and protected when facing nursing home negligence in Russellville, IL.
What is Considered Nursing Home Negligence? Russellville, IL
Nursing home negligence occurs when an employee at a nursing home ignores their patients’ level of care and doesn’t do their job at the level that they are expected to. There are various ways that nursing home negligence can present itself including physical, financial, emotional, sexual, general neglect and more. Nursing home negligence can put your elderly family member at serious risk, so if you think that nursing home negligence is going on in your loved ones’ nursing home, it is important to act quickly and procure legal guidance. Nursing home caregivers are expected to offer a certain standard of care under state law. If this standard of care isn’t given, negligent caretakers can face severe consequences including being sued for damages, facing steep fines and fees, losing their job, potential jail time and more depending on circumstances.
Common Types of Nursing Home Negligence Russellville, IL
It can be emotionally difficult to second-guess your family member’s degree of care in their nursing home, but it is important to look after them and be sure that you know the symptoms of possible nursing home negligence. Nursing home negligence can manifest in a variety of ways, but some of the most common examples of nursing home negligence in Russellville, IL, include:
- Mental distress- if your family member is unnaturally quiet or an element has changed about their personality, this could be the result of nursing home negligence
- Medication errors – it is the responsibility of nursing home staff to properly give nursing home patients their medication. If your family member hasn’t been given their medication or has been given inaccurate amounts of their medication, this might be caused by nursing home negligence
- Not obeying doctors’ orders – examples include: sleeping guard rails in place so a resident is prevented from falling out of bed, required to use a support device while mobile, strict diet rules and more. If a physician has given explicit rules for your loved ones’ care and they aren’t being followed, this is considered nursing home negligence
- Decubitus ulcers – also known as bedsores. If your family member is advised to stay in bed, their caregiver is expected to regularly monitor them to avoid ulcers or bedsores. If a bedridden patient is not looked after often and pressure ulcers are present, this is a symptom that nursing home negligence could be happening
- Failing to make the premises safe and non-hazardous – nursing homes must be certain that the facility that your family member is a patient at is safe and that their staff is doing everything that they can to ensure your loved one’s protection from possible hazards at the nursing home
- Neglect of basic hygiene – cleaning, brushing teeth, showering and other self-care practices
- Neglect of fundamental needs- such as meals, water, or providing a safe and clean environment
It may seem like you and your loved one are dealing with something that is out of your control, but our nursing home negligence lawyers are ready to provide legal counsel during this hard time. Our lawyers will ensure that your family member is secure and protected, that you understand every step of the process, the type of damages you can claim and the options that are available to your older family member’s nursing home negligence case in Russellville, IL. It already isn’t an easy choice to move your loved one into a nursing home, much less have them suffer from nursing home negligence. Our nursing home negligence lawyers are ready to help and make sure that filing a claim against the negligent nursing home is as pain-free and stress-less as possible. If your family has any questions at all throughout the process, our lawyers are ready 24/7 to help answer them.
Nursing Home Negligence Laws Russellville, IL
The medical definition of standard of care is defined as the level of care that the average, relatively prudent person would provide. If your family member is residing in a nursing home, their basic needs like regular food and water, upkeep on personal hygiene, communication needs and other fundamental needs should be cared for. If this standard of care is not performed, this is likely caused by nursing home negligence in Russellville, IL. Our nursing home negligence lawyers are ready to assist those in Russellville with their negligence cases and make sure that they will receive the most in compensation for their mental and physical suffering. Some of the more common types of damages that can be recovered with a legitimate nursing home negligence claim in Russellville, IL, include:
- Medical fees – when a resident of a nursing home is neglected and develops an illnesses because of nursing home negligence, any medication costs, medical bills, ambulance costs, physical or cognitive therapy, and costs for prescribed medical items can be claimed
- Mental and physical distress – if a nursing home resident is acting strange, is suddenly depressed, jumpy, or is distressed physically or mentally, pain and suffering damages may be recovered
- Disfigurement – if a nursing home resident sustains scars, hair loss, burns, amputation or other injuries that affect their appearance, a claim can be made for these injuries if a nursing home employee is found at-fault
- Future expenses – if an elderly nursing home resident is diagnosed by a doctor as permanently disabled or disfigured in some way, future medical expenses can be recovered with a legitimate nursing home negligence claim. Physical therapy expenses, costs associated with a resident’s medication, and physician appointments have a tendency to buildup over time, so our attorneys will help you recover monetary damages for future expenses
- Unable to enjoy favorite past times – if a nursing home resident is no longer able to partake in activities that they enjoyed prior to nursing home negligence such as playing with their grandchildren, chatting with others, going for a stroll and other activities because of damage caused by nursing home negligence, many states allow for recovery for this damage
Protecting Your Loved Ones from Nursing Home Negligence Russellville, IL
It is essential to know how to find the signs of neglect in your loved one. If your elderly family member is randomly acting strange or is in pain, caretakers at their nursing home may be neglecting them. Nursing home negligence can happen in a variety of ways, but is typically emotionally, physically and financially present. Signs of emotional abuse or social negligence include jumpiness, heightened levels of anxiety or fright, and communicating less or not at all. If you see bruises, cuts, scrapes or other physical marks on an elderly family member’s body, this could be caused by physical abuse. It is important to create an open line of communication with your loved one who lives in a nursing home. Speaking openly about topics such as financial matters, what to do when someone inappropriately enters their room or what they can do if they aren’t receiving regular food, water, medication, personal hygiene care and more can help protect your loved one from nursing home negligence in Russellville, IL.
Nursing Home Negligence Lawyers in Russellville, IL
Our nursing home negligence lawyers in Russellville, IL, are knowledgeable in all aspects of personal injury. If your family member has been injured or neglected by their caregiver or nursing home staff, our lawyers can help you take action against the retirement home and make sure that your loved one is safe and sound. Nursing home negligence is particularly cruel, as the main goal of nursing home caretakers should be to preserve the dignity, confidence and respect of your family member, not act cruelly and neglect them. Our nursing home negligence attorneys are ready to put a stop to this, so if you suspect that your family member is suffering from nursing home negligence, don’t delay in contacting our attorneys. While not all cases are eligible to receive compensation, most cases are. Consultations are free and our lawyers are willing to meet in a location that works best for you. Our attorneys will put their all into fighting for your loved one’s case and make sure that they’ll receive the maximum amount of damages and recoveries for their pain and suffering. For more information on how our nursing home negligence lawyers can help you and your loved one put an end to your love one’s nursing home negligence in Russellville, IL, contact the personal injury attorneys of Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C., today.