Nursing Home Negligence Red Bud, IL
Approximately 2.5 million senior citizens are subjected to nursing home negligence in the United States each year. There are various ways that nursing home negligence can happen, but it is generally physical, financial, emotional or general neglect. If you think that your loved one is suffering from nursing home negligence in Red Bud, IL, the safest thing that can be done is to speak to our experienced lawyers immediately so that our lawyers can take care of the situation. Our lawyers are knowledgeable in all areas related to personal injury and will ensure that you and your neglected family member are secure and protected when facing nursing home negligence in Red Bud, IL.
What is Considered Nursing Home Negligence? Red Bud, IL
Nursing home negligence occurs when an employee at a nursing home doesn’t pay attention to their patients’ level of care and doesn’t perform their job at the level that they should. There are many different ways that nursing home negligence can happen including physical, financial, emotional, sexual, general neglect and more. Nursing home negligence can put your loved one at high risk, so if you suspect that nursing home negligence is happening in your loved ones’ nursing home, it is vital to act quickly and seek legal guidance. Nursing home employees are expected to provide a certain level of care under state law. If this standard of care isn’t offered, negligent caretakers can face severe consequences including being sued for damages, facing steep fines and fees, losing their job, potential jail time and more depending on circumstances.
Common Types of Nursing Home Negligence Red Bud, IL
It can be tough to doubt your loved one’s degree of care in their nursing home, but it is important to keep an eye on them and be sure that you understand the signs of possible nursing home negligence. Nursing home negligence can manifest in many different ways, but the most common examples of nursing home negligence in Red Bud, IL, include:
- Mental distress- if your loved one is unnaturally quiet or something has jarringly changed about their personality, this could be the sign of nursing home negligence
- Failure to provide accurate medication – it is the responsibility of nursing home staff to properly dispense nursing home patients their medication. If your loved one hasn’t been on their medicine or has been given incorrect amounts of their medication, this might be because of nursing home negligence
- Not following medical commands – examples include: bed guard rails locked into place so the patient doesn’t fall out of bed, a patient is ordered to use a support device while mobile, dietary restrictions and more. If medical personnel has stated explicit instructions for your family members’ care and they aren’t being heeded to, this is likely nursing home negligence
- Decubitus ulcers – also known as pressure sores. If a nursing home resident is advised to stay in bed, a caretaker is in charge of regularly examine them to avoid ulcers or bedsores. If a bedridden patient is not inspected regularly and pressure ulcers are present, this is a symptom that nursing home negligence could be happening
- Failure to keep the grounds safe and hazard-free – nursing homes must be certain that the facility that your family member is a patient at is safe and that their caregivers are doing everything that they can to ensure your loved one’s protection from potential hazards on the grounds
- Neglect of basic hygiene – cleaning, brushing teeth, bathing and other hygienic practices
- Neglect of fundamental needs- such as meals, water, or providing a safe and hazard-free environment
It may seem like you and your loved one are battling against something that is uncontrollable, but our nursing home negligence lawyers are ready to guide you and your loved one during this hard time. Our nursing home negligence lawyers will make sure that your loved one is safe and protected, that you know the various steps throughout the process, the type of damages you can claim and the paths that are available for your loved one’s nursing home negligence case in Red Bud, IL. It already isn’t an easy choice to move your loved one into a nursing home, much less have them suffer from nursing home negligence. Our personal injury lawyers are here to help and ensure that filing a claim against the negligent nursing home is as pain-free and hassle-free as possible. If you and your family have any concerns at all throughout the process, our lawyers are available 24/7 to help answer them.
Nursing Home Negligence Laws Red Bud, IL
The legal definition of standard of care is defined as the amount of care that the average, relatively prudent person would provide. If your loved one is living in a nursing home, their basic needs including daily food and water, maintained personal hygiene, communication needs and other fundamental needs should be attended to. If this level of care isn’t given, this might be caused by nursing home negligence in Red Bud, IL. Our nursing home negligence attorneys are available to assist those in Red Bud with their negligence cases and make sure that our clients will receive the maximum amount of compensation their case is eligible to recover for their pain and suffering. Some of the more common types of damages that are eligible to be recovered with an impactful nursing home negligence claim in Red Bud, IL, include:
- Medical costs – when a nursing home patient is neglected and gets ill because of nursing home negligence, any prescription costs, medical fees, ambulance costs, physical or psychiatric therapy, and money spent on prescribed medical accessories can be recovered
- Pain and suffering – if an elderly patient in a nursing home is acting different than usual, is unnaturally sad, anxious, or is distressed physically or mentally, pain and suffering damages may be recovered
- Disfigurement – if a nursing home patient sustains scars, hair loss, burns, amputation or other injuries that affect their appearance, a claim can be made for these injuries if they are caused by a nursing home caregiver
- Future expenses – if an elderly nursing home resident is deemed by a doctor to be permanently disabled or disfigured to some degree, future medical costs can be recovered with a legitimate nursing home negligence claim. Physical therapy costs, expenses pertaining to a patient’s medication, and hospital appointments have a tendency to buildup over time, so our lawyers will help you recover monetary damages for future expenses
- Unable to enjoy favorite past times – if a nursing home resident is unable to enjoy activities that they used to enjoy like watching after their grandkids, talking with other people, hiking and other activities because of injuries caused by nursing home negligence, most states allow for recovery for this damage
Protecting Your Loved Ones from Nursing Home Negligence Red Bud, IL
It is important to learn how to find the signs of neglect in your loved one. If your elderly family member is randomly acting strange or is in pain, caregivers at their nursing home may be hurting them. Nursing home negligence can occur in a number of ways, but is most often emotionally, physically and financially present. Signs of emotional abuse or social negligence include acting jumpy, increased levels of anxiety or fright, and talking less than usual. If you see bruises, cuts, scrapes or other physical marks on an elderly family member’s body, this could be a sign of neglect. It is essential to establish an open line of communication with family member that resides in a nursing home. Speaking openly about topics such as financial matters, what to do if someone they don’t know enters their room or what they should do if they aren’t receiving regular food, water, medication, personal hygiene care and more can help prevent nursing home negligence in Red Bud, IL.
Nursing Home Negligence Lawyers in Red Bud, IL
Our nursing home negligence attorneys in Red Bud, IL, are well-versed in all aspects of personal injury. If a nursing home patient has been hurt or neglected by their caretaker or nursing home staff, our lawyers can help you take action against the retirement home and guarantee that your loved one is safe and protected. Nursing home negligence is particularly mean, as the main goal of nursing home employees should be to preserve the dignity, self-esteem and willpower of your family member, not be mean and neglect them. Our nursing home negligence lawyers are ready to put a stop to this, so if you suspect that your family member is a victim of nursing home negligence, don’t hesitate to contact our attorneys. While not all cases are eligible to receive compensation, most claims are. Consultations are free and our lawyers are open to travel to a place that works best for you. Our lawyers will do everything to fight for your family member’s case and make sure that they’ll receive the most in monetary damages for their pain and suffering. To speak with our nursing home negligence lawyers about how our nursing home negligence attorneys can help you and your elderly family member put an end to your love one’s nursing home negligence in Red Bud, IL, contact the personal injury attorneys of Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C., today.