Nursing Home Negligence Clinton County, IL
Roughly 2.5 million senior citizens are subjected to nursing home negligence in America every year. There are various ways that nursing home negligence can happen, but it is generally physical, financial, emotional or general neglect. If you suspect that your family member is experiencing nursing home negligence in Clinton County, IL, the safest thing that can be done is to talk to our experienced attorneys as soon as possible so that they can take care of the situation. Our lawyers are knowledgeable in all topics related to personal injury and will make it their priority to make certain that you and your neglected loved one are secure and protected when exposing nursing home negligence in Clinton County, IL.
What is Considered Nursing Home Negligence? Clinton County, IL
Nursing home negligence when an employee at a nursing home neglects their patients’ level of care and doesn’t go about their job at the level that they should. There are a variety of ways that nursing home negligence can occur including physical, financial, emotional, sexual, general neglect and more. Nursing home negligence can put your elderly family member at serious risk, so if you suspect that nursing home negligence is happening in your loved ones’ nursing home, it is vital to act quickly and procure legal counsel. Nursing home employees are expected to offer a certain standard of care under state law. If this standard of care isn’t offered, negligent nursing home staff can face severe consequences including being sued for damages, facing steep fines and fees, losing their job, potential jail time and more depending on circumstances.
Common Types of Nursing Home Negligence Clinton County, IL
It can be emotionally difficult to doubt your family member’s standard of care in their nursing home, but it is important to look after them and be sure that you know the symptoms of possible nursing home negligence. Nursing home negligence can manifest in various ways, but some of the most common examples of nursing home negligence in Clinton County, IL, include:
- Mental distress- if your loved one is unnaturally quiet or something has jarringly changed about their personality, this could be the sign of nursing home negligence
- Failure to provide accurate medication – it is the responsibility of nursing home caretakers to properly dispense nursing home residents their medication. If your family member hasn’t been given their medication or has been given incorrect dosages of their medication, this can be due to nursing home negligence
- Failing to follow doctors’ requests – examples include: safety guard rails raised so the patient doesn’t fall out of bed, required to use a support device while walking, strict diet rules and more. If a physician has stated explicit orders for your loved ones’ treatment and they aren’t being followed, this is considered nursing home negligence
- Decubitus ulcers – also known as pressure ulcers. If a patient is ordered to stay in bed, their caregiver is expected to regularly monitor them to avoid ulcers or bedsores. If a bedridden patient is not looked after regularly and pressure ulcers form, this is a sign that nursing home negligence could possibly be at play
- Failure to keep the facility safe and hazard-free – nursing homes must be certain that the facility that your family member is a patient at is safe and that their caretakers are doing everything that they can to ensure your loved one’s protection from all hazards in the facility
- Neglect of basic hygiene – cleaning, brushing teeth, showering and other self-care practices
- Neglect of fundamental needs- such as sustenance, water, or providing a safe and clean environment
It may feel as though you and your loved one are fighting against something that is uncontrollable, but our nursing home negligence lawyers are here to help your family during this difficult time. Our lawyers will make sure that your loved one is safe and protected, that you understand every step of the process, what type of damages can be sought and the paths that are available for your loved one’s nursing home negligence claim in Clinton County, IL. It certainly isn’t an easy decision to place your family member in a nursing home, much less have them experience nursing home negligence. Our personal injury lawyers are here to help and make sure that holding the negligent nursing home liable for nursing home negligence is as painless and stress-less as possible. If you and your elderly loved one have any concerns at all during the process, our lawyers are ready 24/7 to address them.
Nursing Home Negligence Laws Clinton County, IL
The medical definition of standard of care is defined as the amount of care that a, relatively prudent person would provide. If your loved one is placed in a nursing home, their fundamental needs such as daily food and water, regular bathing and grooming, social needs and other core basic needs should be met at minimum. If this level of care isn’t met, this might be a sign of nursing home negligence in Clinton County, IL. Our nursing home negligence attorneys are available to assist those in Clinton County with their negligence cases and make sure that our clients will receive the maximum amount of compensation their case is eligible to recover for their pain and suffering. Some of the more common types of damages that can be recovered with a powerful nursing home negligence claim in Clinton County, IL, include:
- Medical expenses – when a nursing home patient is neglected and develops an illnesses because of nursing home negligence, any medicine costs, medical fees, ambulance fees, physical or mental therapy, and expenses for prescribed medical accessories can be claimed
- Mental and physical distress – if an elderly patient in a nursing home is acting different than usual, is suddenly sad, anxious, or is distressed physically or mentally, pain and suffering damages may be recovered
- Disfigurement – if a nursing home patient sustains scars, hair loss, burns, amputation or other injuries that disfigure their appearance, damages can be recovered for these injuries if the injuries were caused by nursing home staff members
- Future expenses – if an injured nursing home resident is deemed by a doctor to be permanently disabled or disfigured to some degree, future medical bills can be recovered with a valid nursing home negligence claim. Physical therapy expenses, costs pertaining to a patient’s medication, and doctor visits have a tendency to buildup over time, so our attorneys will assist you and you loved one with recovering monetary damages for future expenses
- Lack of happiness – if a nursing home resident is not able to enjoy past times that they enjoyed prior to nursing home negligence such as chasing after their grandchildren, communicating with other people, swimming and other activities because of damage caused by nursing home negligence, many states will award damages for this type of claim
Protecting Your Loved Ones from Nursing Home Negligence Clinton County, IL
It is vital to learn how to find the signs of neglect in your loved one. If your loved one is inexplicably acting different or has bruises, caretakers at their nursing home might be harming them. Nursing home negligence can occur in a variety of ways, but is typically emotionally, physically and financially present. Signs of emotional abuse or social negligence include jumpiness, heightened levels of anxiety or fright, and talking less than usual. If you see bruises, cuts, scrapes or other physical marks on an elderly family member’s body, this could be caused by physical abuse. It is essential to form an open line of communication with family member that lives in a nursing home. Talking openly about topics such as finances, what to do if someone they don’t know enters their room or what they can do if they don’t have access to regular food, water, medication, personal hygiene assistance and more can help protect your loved one from nursing home negligence in Clinton County, IL.
Nursing Home Negligence Lawyers in Clinton County, IL
Our nursing home negligence attorneys in Clinton County, IL, are knowledgeable in all aspects of personal injury. If a nursing home patient has been injured or neglected by their caretaker or nursing home employees, our attorneys are available to help you take action against the retirement home and ensure that your loved one is safe and protected. Nursing home negligence is especially terrible, as the main goal of nursing home staff should be to preserve the honor, confidence and willpower of patients, not knock them down and neglect them. Our nursing home negligence lawyers are ready to put a stop to this, so if you suspect that your family member is a victim of nursing home negligence, don’t delay in contacting our lawyers. While not everyone is eligible to receive damages, most cases are. Consultations are free and our lawyers are open to travel to a place that works best for you. Our lawyers will put their all into fighting for your loved one’s case and make sure that they’ll receive the highest amount of damages and recoveries for their pain and suffering. To speak with our nursing home negligence lawyers about how our nursing home negligence lawyers can help your family put an end to your love one’s nursing home negligence in Clinton County, IL, contact the personal injury lawyers of Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C., today.