Nursing Home Negligence Randolph County, IL
Roughly 2.5 million elderly adults are exposed to nursing home negligence in the United States per year. There are a variety of ways that nursing home negligence can occur, but it is generally physical, financial, emotional or general neglect. If you think that your family member is being harmed from nursing home negligence in Randolph County, IL, the safest thing that you can do is to talk to our experienced lawyers as soon as possible so that they can handle the situation. Our lawyers are knowledgeable in all topics affiliated with personal injury and will make it their priority to make certain that you and your neglected loved one are secure and protected when dealing with nursing home negligence in Randolph County, IL.
What is Considered Nursing Home Negligence? Randolph County, IL
Nursing home negligence happens when an employee at a nursing home neglects their patients’ level of care and doesn’t go about their job at the level that they are required to. There are a variety of ways that nursing home negligence can occur including physical, financial, emotional, sexual, general neglect and more. Nursing home negligence can put your older family member at extreme risk, so if you think that nursing home negligence is going on in your loved ones’ nursing home, it is vital to act quickly and procure legal help. Nursing home caretakers are expected to give a certain level of care under state law. If this standard of care isn’t given, negligent caretakers can face serious consequences including being sued for damages, facing steep fines and fees, losing their job, potential jail time and more depending on circumstances.
Common Types of Nursing Home Negligence Randolph County, IL
It can be hard to second-guess your family member’s standard of care in their nursing home, but it must be done in order to keep an eye on them and make sure that you know the symptoms of potential nursing home negligence. Nursing home negligence can manifest in various ways, but the most common examples of nursing home negligence in Randolph County, IL, include:
- Psychological distress- if your family member is unusually quiet or an element has changed about their personality, this could be the result of nursing home negligence
- Failure to provide accurate medication – it is the responsibility of nursing home staff to properly dispense nursing home residents their medication. If your loved one hasn’t been on their medication or has been given inaccurate dosages of their medication, this might be because of nursing home negligence
- Failing to follow medical requests – examples include: sleeping guard rails raised so they doesn’t fall out of bed, a patient is ordered to have a walker while walking, strict diet rules and more. If a doctor has stated explicit orders for your family members’ treatment and they aren’t being heeded to, this is likely nursing home negligence
- Decubitus ulcers – also known as pressure ulcers. If a patient is advised to stay in bed, a caregiver is expected to regularly examine them to prevent ulcers or bedsores. If a bedridden patient is not examined often and bedsores are present, this is a sign that nursing home negligence could be happening
- Failing to make the facility safe and hazard-free – nursing homes must be certain that the facility that your loved one is a patient at is safe and that their caretakers are doing everything that they can to ensure your loved one’s protection from possible hazards on the grounds
- Neglect of basic hygiene – cleaning, brushing teeth, bathing and other self-care practices
- Neglect of basic needs- such as sustenance, water, or providing a safe and hazard-free environment
It might seem as though you and your family member are fighting against something way over your head, but our nursing home negligence lawyers are here to help your family during this difficult time. Our attorneys will ensure that your family member is secure and protected, that you know the various steps throughout the process, which damages you can seek and the paths that are available for your older family member’s nursing home negligence case in Randolph County, IL. It already isn’t an easy choice to move your loved one into a nursing home, much less have them subjected to nursing home negligence. Our nursing home negligence lawyers are available to help and ensure that holding the negligent nursing home liable for nursing home negligence is as simple and stress-free as possible. If you and your family have any concerns at all throughout the process, our lawyers are available 24/7 to address them.
Nursing Home Negligence Laws Randolph County, IL
The formal definition of standard of care is defined as the level of care that an everyday, relatively prudent person would provide. If your loved one is put into a nursing home, their basic needs such as daily food and water, upkeep on personal hygiene, social needs and other fundamental needs should be met at minimum. If this standard of care isn’t met, this could be an indication of nursing home negligence in Randolph County, IL. Our nursing home negligence lawyers are here to help those in Randolph County with their negligence claims and make sure that those affected by nursing home negligence can receive the most in compensation for their pain and suffering. Some of the more common types of damages that are available to be recovered with an impactful nursing home negligence claim in Randolph County, IL, include:
- Medical expenses – if your loved one is neglected and gets ill because of nursing home negligence, any medication costs, medical fees, ambulance costs, physical or psychiatric therapy, and money spent on prescribed medical accessories can be claimed
- Mental and physical distress – if a patient is acting strange, is suddenly sad, frightened, or is injured either physically or mentally, pain and suffering damages may be recovered
- Disfigurement – if a nursing home patient suffers scars, hair loss, burns, amputation or other injuries that alter their appearance, a claim can be made for these injuries if the injuries were caused by nursing home staff members
- Future expenses – if an injured nursing home resident is deemed by a doctor to be permanently disabled or disfigured in some way, future medical bills can be reclaimed with a valid nursing home negligence claim. Physical therapy expenses, fees associated with a resident’s medication, and physician appointments have a tendency to buildup over time, so our lawyers will help you recover monetary damages for future expenses
- Loss of enjoyment of life – if a nursing home resident is not able to enjoy past times that they previously enjoyed such as playing with their grandkids, speaking with other people, swimming and other activities because of damage caused by nursing home negligence, many states allow for recovery for this damage
Protecting Your Loved Ones from Nursing Home Negligence Randolph County, IL
It is important to learn how to spot the signs of neglect in your loved one. If your elderly family member is randomly acting strange or has bruises, caretakers at their nursing home might be harming them. Nursing home negligence can occur in a number of ways, but is generally emotionally, physically and financially present. Signs of emotional injuries or social negligence include jumpiness, increased levels of anxiety or fright, and a suddenly cautious demeanor. If you spot bruises, cuts, scrapes or other physical injuries on your loved one’s body, this could be a sign of nursing home negligence. It is vital to establish an open line of communication with your loved one who is in a nursing home. Communicating openly about subjects such as financial matters, what to do when someone inappropriately enters their room or what they should do if they don’t have access to regular food, water, medication, personal hygiene care and more can help protect your loved one from nursing home negligence in Randolph County, IL.
Nursing Home Negligence Lawyers in Randolph County, IL
Our nursing home negligence lawyers in Randolph County, IL, are knowledgeable in all aspects of personal injury. If your loved one has been harmed or neglected by their caretaker or nursing home staff, our attorneys are available to help you take action against the nursing home and make sure that your family member is safe and protected. Nursing home negligence is particularly mean, as the primary goal of nursing home staff should be to preserve the honor, confidence and willpower of your family member, not knock them down and neglect them. Our nursing home negligence lawyers won’t stand for that, so if you are worried that your family member is a victim of nursing home negligence, don’t hesitate to contact our lawyers. While not everyone is eligible to receive compensation, most cases are. Consultations are free and our lawyers are willing to travel to a location that works best for you. Our lawyers will put their all into fighting for your family member’s case and ensure that they’ll receive the maximum amount of compensation for their pain and suffering. For more information on how our nursing home negligence attorneys can help you and your loved one fight against nursing home negligence in Randolph County, IL, contact the nursing home negligence attorneys of Hassakis & Hassakis, P.C., today.